50. Freaking Out

Sparks lick my shoulders as Zane literally shakes me awake

"What?" I ask still groggy from being woke up.

"There is blood all over the sheets." Zane's eyes tells me just how much he is freaking out.

Using my hands, I push Zane off but he is trying to look all over me. First glance tells me he isn't bleeding anywhere. I sit up and can feel how it pools around me.

Great!

"Where is it coming from? How can I be so foolish to harm you while we sleep?" Zane's breathing starts to get heavier with each passing second.

I push out of the bed and gather the sheets around me. This is so embrassing.

"It will be fine, just get the sheets off the bed and then from there use a sponge from the cabinet to clean the mattress if it is on there." I grimace, making my way to the bathroom.

I turn the water on and strip from the shirt I had on along with the sheet. Maybe I should have just told Zane that this is a normal function, since he doesn't seem to know about women's bodies. Thing is this is the first one I have had in over eleven years and it is just as unpleasant as it used to be.

My stomach starts to cramp up and I step under the water. Washing off, I step out and grab a towel.

I look through the drawers and I have never thought to stock up on the one item I currently need. How can I go over a week now being human again and completely forget about periods?

"Keava?" Zane knocks on the bathroom door.

"Just a minute." I sigh and line my panties with some toliet paper at least until I can get my hands on a tampon.

God this is embrassing as ever!

I swing the door open and walk to the closet. Throwing on a dress, I slip on some shoes.

"What is going on?" Zane still is going insane, but right now I have to get what I need.

"I will be fine. There is just something I have to find." I sigh.

"There was blood on you and now its just gone." Zane's voice actually takes the highest pitch I have ever heard.

A knock sounds on our bedroom door and Zane rushes over to open it. Jasel stands there in a long shirt that I have seen Conan wear.

"You linked?" Jasel looks to Zane groggily.

"Keava was bleeding and I don't know where it is coming from. Can you figure it out with your witch stuff? Maybe a lingering affect of the vamperism is showing up." Zane rushes out.

Jasel looks to me and her face scrunches up in confusion.

"My period made its ugly appearance and wolfman here apparently knows nothing of a female body." I huff.