56. One Thing Left

Having Zane's hands and arms around me seems to help calm me slightly

Having Zane's hands and arms around me seems to help calm me slightly. It still doesn't do enough with all the emotions swirling through me at the moment. There is happiness, relief, guilt, sadness, and anger all making their own spots while raging a battle within me. Guilt and sadness are the main two that have the forefront of my mind and soul.

My eyes stayed glued on Blaze and Jasel, as they work the healing spell on Samson.

I can't believe my brother is alive. Sure, I wish it was my entire family but after living this many years thinking I lost them all, I will gladly take having at least one of my brothers alive and here.

Samson's skin and marks heal with the soft chants. By the time the spell is over, Samson thanks them both and talk some more before he falls into the first peaceful sleep he has had in years I would assume.

We all leave the room and Zane pulls me with him. Zane scopes me up in his arms and walks to our bedroom. Once the door is closed I am not able to hold in anymore emotions and the tears fall from my eyes at a fast rate.

Zane coos me and holds me close to his chest, as his hands run through my hair.

"I should have tried harder to find the nest. My brother would not have had to endure the torture and pain for so many years if I was better at hunting." I stutter and cry out.

"Keave." Zane whispers in my ear but it barely registers.

My heart feels like it is pounding and it starts to get hard to breath with each passing second.

"Keava!" Zane's voice booms over what ever state I have let myself fall into.

Zane's fingers go under my chin and lift my head up to where he can look me in the eyes. His eyes hold so much love and softness, it has me focusing on him.

"I need you to breath for me, tesoro." Zane's voice comes out soft.

I follow his breath and his thumbs swipe over my face tenderly.

"That is my girl." Zane leans to me more and presses a kiss to my lips.

My eyes burn and feel dry after all the tears that fell.

"You can't blame yourself, because it is known by everyone just how hard you tried to hunt that nest down. Even Samson talked about the rumors he heard while they held him and all the times they would move because you got so close." Zane looks in my eyes, almost like he is willing me to understand and not feel the way I do.

I slowly nod. Thinking over Samson's words since being with him in the medical room and after the spell. There was so many times Samson told me how I was strong, brave, and how our parents would have been proud. He told me how proud he was of me being his little sister and became what I done and didn't let the curse of vampirism to turn me for the worst.

Something hits me and turns my stomach in knots.

"There is one thing left." I pull away from Zane's embrace.