43. Small Temper

Stretching my arms over my head, the bed is empty

Stretching my arms over my head, the bed is empty. I get up and quickly clean up before dressing. Walking out our bedroom door, I catch sight of Blaze going into Zane's office. Which I figured Zane is there and working on things.

Blaze didn't see me and I don't want to mess with them while they are doing some of the Alpha duties. Right now, all my paperwork is caught up so I walk down the stairs to the kitchen.

Jasel is stirring things at the stove and Chave is chopping up lettuce for a salad.

"Hey Luna." Chave smiles, causing Jasel to turn her head.

Rosa steps out of the pantry with several things in her hands.

"Hey guys." I smile. "Where can I help out?" I wash my hands up.

"Where ever you want to jump in at. We are working on a beef tenderlion strips with a gravy to place on top with carrots, scalloped potatoes and rolls. Then for dessert we planned to whip up some mini cakes." Jasel smiles, turning around from the stove top.

"Sounds delicious." I step over and start cutting the carrots to place in the boiling water to just soften slightly.

Chester is off to the side at his little table and looks to be coloring.

"Blaze and I want to start teaching him within the next week. That way it makes it easier for him to hone in his magic and not lose control." Jasel whispers next to me when she steps up.

"That sounds like a good thing. I wasn't sure if it would have to wait until he was older first or not." I glance over to her.

"Nope. It is best to start training and learning control within the first month of showing signs of having the trait. Conan is excited to see how his wolf turns out too. Right now, Chester seems to be even and not upset so it is showing us that his wolf probably already knew and is accepting to the fact he will have magic too." Jasel lets out a slight hum.

"Was it something you and Conan were waiting to see who is took after the most? Or did you figure he would have both of you?" Chave asks.

Jasel smiles and shrugs. "We didn't really care either way but this really made us happy today with him showing signs of magic. The wolf gene is so dominant we had figured he would just be a wolf like Conan and the magic from me would be basically wiped out."

"It is a blessing for the both of you." I add.

"He will grow up to a strong young man." Chave smiles.

"Thank you both. Sometimes it seems surreal and now it really does since Chester is only four and showing all this." Jasel is full of happiness and she has every right to be.

The kitchen is full of happiness and laughter as we go through anything we can think up for conversations. I must say sometimes it is amazing what we talk about.