29. Sharp

Everything has seemed to fall into place smoothly the last two weeks

Everything has seemed to fall into place smoothly the last two weeks. I split my time between the schools, daycare, helping in the kitchen, and then time with Zane.

I thought it would always be Zane and I together all the time, that is fair from the truth. Sure we see each other but we are both busy with our duties. I am thankful for Jasel though she does so much being Beta female as well.

"I never knew there were so many goodies to make up." Jasel giggles, writing in the last steps for another dessert recipe.

"I learned alot over the last years traveling and working in diners over the world. Those right here is what I learned from Mom which is the ones you got first." I smile.

The one time I crave sweets is right after I feed. Which seems weird to me but I don't fight it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Conan walking lightly through the hall in the pack house.

"Don't mind him. I know that look. He done what was needed as Beta and now the child side of him is up to no good." Jasel shakes her head with a smile.

"Prank?" I ask.

"Yup. Don't worry it is more than likely something with me. He claims the sex is even better after he does something." Jasel chuckles.

I look over to her again and my eyes widen. "I don't think I wanted to know that." I laugh.

Jasel shrugs and laughs.

Chester walks over and hands me one of his toys. I pick him up and sit him in the chair next to me. He pushes the car to me on the counter and I push it right back, which earns me giggles.

Vampires are coming in from the North. Get everyone to safety, Keava. Zane links.

I stand up from the chair and scoop up Chester, just as Zane's massive mindlink goes through my head.

Jasel runs over and pushes on a wall panel, it slides back and she puts in the door code. All the women walk in, while I watch everyone that has been in the pack house shuffle to wait their turn. A few of the children are crying and it melts my heart.

"It is okay little ones." I rub their arms as they pass by with their mothers.

I squat down while still holding Chester. Until the last child walks in, I stand and hand Chester over to Jasel.

"Stay with them until the all clear." I rub her arm and my fangs come out.

"You should be in here with us Keava." Jasel sighs.

"I have to fight with the others. Everything will be okay."

"I know it will with you helping." She smiles and goes into the bunker.

I slide the door back over to where if one gets in then they will not know it is here.

Making a run for the side door, I open it in hash and put in the safe's password. It opens and I grab my blades from it and close it back. My feet sends me flying out the front door and there are wolves shifted in the field. Vampires run around and are going for whoever they deem to be easy.

The weather is overcast today making them brave. They made the wrong move by coming to my pack.

With a hiss of my own, I dive into the fight. My blade swings out and slices right through the closest vampire going after a small wolf.

Just how I love my blades. Sharp!

The wolf looks over to me and bows.

"Don't thank me yet." I nod back.

My feet move me left and right slicing through any vampire close by. None will make it passed me if I can help it.

The one thing they are after more than anything is the younger wolves. I have learned through the years many vampires prefer the blood of younger victims, claiming the taste is better and pure. To me it is disguisting.

A few steps over to my right, a vampire sinks his teeth into a wolf. I jump on the last step and pull back his head, making his release the wolf and stop feeding. I push the vanpire off to the side and bring my blade around slicing through his neck with ease. The head rolls on the ground as the body drops.

"Get to the medical building and wait, my wolf warrior. He took to much blood in a short time." I hold both blades in one hand, and stroke the wolves fur with the other.

The wolf tries to stand but is weakened from the fast draining.

More vampires seem to notice this and smell his blood. Which sends them into a frenzy of hunger. I stand up quickly and take a few steps out, my arms move and I start slicing through more necks. Creating a mountain of bodies around the wolf and I.

I catch sight of a few wolves run over.

"He needs to be taken to the medical building." I hiss out, just as a vampire gets to close and I have to step back to swing my blades again.

Where the hell did this type of nest come from? Not to mention why are they here, other than the obvious part of wanting to feed? This pack is so far away from a city or town they must have been without feeding in months to be this crazy over the scent of blood in the air from where some has succeed in starting to feed.

With my mind on why there is so many and focused on the wolves around me getting the hurt wolf to medical, I don't see when a couple vampires tackle me down to the ground.

The wind is knocked from my lungs at the hit from their bodies. My blades thrown from my hands at the impact. The vampires hisses and hands claw at my body. With them seeing me as a traitor, which I am and will never agree with the ways of vampires.

I punch out at the one directly on top of me. Using my feet to donkey kick out around, feeling as my feet come in connect with a target forcing the body back. Just a few more punches thrown and I am able to jump to my feet, looking around I see five vampires surrounding me.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

A large nest is attacking, any guesses why? Could it really be because they are hunger?

Keava has several against her. Is there a reason to worry?
Can she beat them easily being the Vampire Huntress?
Surely the wolves around will assist if they can right?

 Is there a reason to worry? Can she beat them easily being the Vampire Huntress? Surely the wolves around will assist if they can right?