22. Welcome Luna

Ringing my hands together, I try to keep from pacing

Ringing my hands together, I try to keep from pacing. What did Conan mean by a surpise for me?

The door opens slowly and I tense up, not sure if I need to be ready to fight, bolt, or be excited. Geez, I hadn't had a surprise since I was human. Well, I guess you can count finding my mate while in his cells a surprise, but that was an unknowing one and not one like now where I know to be ready for it.

Guess when I was growing up with three older brothers, the word surprise meant be ready for anything. There is countless times I would be chased because I would finish the last piece of the cake or dessert mom made and they would say be ready for a surprise. Only for it to end up in a chase to get away from either water balloons or tickling. They knew that I would finish it though and always made sure I did just for the fun we had as siblings.

I miss them so much right now it makes my chest ache. The memories brought back from Jasel's sweet words, I know she didn't mean to have it brought back to me on it all but I cherish them now too.

A body enters and their scent hits me.

"Hello Keava." The man's voice calls out.

It is dark outside and the light in here is casting a shadow on his form until he closes the door.

"Blaze!" I jump over and hug him.

Blaze grunts and hugs me back.

"It has been a little bit since I seen you girl." He smirks when I pull back.

"A little bit since I got the last dark talsman to have you destroy." I nod.

He nods.

"How are you here and why? Jasel said you never come even though Zane has gave you access." I smile.

"Couldn't miss seeing you brought in as Luna. I told you when you stayed with me after first being turned, that you would find something good and your beloved." Blaze chides.

"That you did during several of our talks. I didn't ever believe you on that though." I snicker.

"I know, how well I know. I am surprised you didn't find your way to this pack years ago with the mate bond. Guess the anger is what got you to keep away for so many years."

I nod. "I think it was too. I slipped up from staying away from packs and never even thought about this one being here but I was mourning like I normally do on my birthday, but ended up here."

"It is good you are here now and settling in well from my sisters letters." Blaze smiles an actual smile. That is rare from him.

"I am. I actually feel like this is home and something I haven't had in a very long time."

"Good. Now, it is time for me to walk you out. That way your position is secured and you can be the best Luna this pack has ever had." He offers his arm to me.

Blaze opens the door and we walk out.

"Does Jasel know your here?" I ask him, as wolves stand in the field.

"Yes she does and she knew I was coming. I seen her this morning and been talking with your mate up until it was time for your ceremony." Blaze smirks.

I shake my head to stop from laughing.

Wolves stand up and bow down on their front legs having been shifted into their forms instead of human form. The moonlight shines above us and makes it feel like my dress sparkles even more in the light.

My eyes catch Zane's as he stands on the stage by the table and bowl. Blaze walks me up the stairs and takes my hand, giving it a quick kiss before letting go and moving off behind me. The wolves below us stand back up on all four paws to watch clearly.

"Dirt Mountain Pack, we are here to bring in your long awaited Luna. Is there anyone that wants to challenge her once more?" Zane's voice booms out with the quiet night air. Not even the insects or other animals make a sound tonight.

"Keava Knight, as my mate, you promise to uphold the packs laws and be there for anything members may need?"

"Yes." My voice comes out level and determined. This feels right and I know I am meant to do this.

"Do you promise to help the pups of this pack as they grow up and to show them how to be respectable members within this pack where their help is needed?"

"Yes."

"Do you promise to put this pack before yourself in times they need protection and guidance?"

"Yes."

Zane moves over and removes a cloth hiding a golden blade.

"Tonight we will use a special blade made of gold as not to harm you. It is also the packs job to make sure you are safe and protected. Does everyone here vow to watch over your new Luna?" Zane calls out.

"Yes, Alpha." comes from Conan and Jasel, as they are the only ones left in human form.

Everyone else howls loudly and bows down once more.

"Keava if you will please place your left hand over the bowl." Zane looks back to me.

I follow his instructions, waiting for the next part.

Zane mutters a few words in a different language I am not familiar with. It is the same language he uses for the nickname he gave me, instead of just calling me his treasure all the time in english.

He moves the blade over my hand and my blood runs out and into the bowl. Zane lays the knife down and places a clothe over my open palm, still talking in another language.

My eyes widen as the blood soaks into the clothe but it doesn't turn red from my blood, but instead goes to a white color just like the silk. Looking to the bowl, my blood that was within, seems to seep into the bowl, adding to the design there.

"The previous Luna's of this pack watched over the ceremony and has accepted Keava Knight's blood into their design." Zane announces and removes the clothe from my hand to show no wound is there, before holding up both items to all the pack to see.

Once he places them down, Zane turns to me again.

"I, Zane Valor, Alpha of the Dirt Mountain Pack welcome you as our Luna." Zane smiles and bares his neck for me.

Everyone else does the same and then I am hit the massive headache Jasel warned me over with all the voices in my head. I stumble back some and feel hands grab my shoulders.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

She is officially the Luna! Who is everyone feeling?

Surprise to see Blaze again?