36. Day To Rest

Dreams are a blessing

Dreams are a blessing. After the first sip of the herb water that Jasel gave me, the only thing that clicks is I downed the rest and after that nothing. Everything seems like a dream and I am grateful because that would be pretty embrassing.

"Good morning." Zane's dry voice comes out from him waking up.

"Good morning." I turn in his arms to face him.

"How are you feeling this morning? Your pupils aren't blown anymore." Zane looks into my eyes hard.

"I feel great actually. It doesn't feel like I have to pop my body like I used to every morning." I smile.

That was the one thing after a few of the fights I was in during hunting, the injuries never healed properly. So every morning after resting or sleeping I would have to pop. Sometimes it would be worse than those weird candies.

"Wait my pupils were blown? I thought I passed out and it was a dream. It felt like a sudden switch happened right when I finished the drink. Just like if I had passed out." I frown.

Zane moves his arm and lets out the hardest laughter I have ever heard. His deep voice rumbles as his chest heaves for oxygen.

I sit up in the bed and watch him until he catches his breath. My mind is to muddled to even grasps that none of that was a dream but all very much real.

"Yeah no, mi tesoro, that was no dream." Zane sits up kisses my lips and gets out of the bed.

We go about our normal morning things with showering and dressing before we leave the room.

"Well, well, well if it's our Luna that does have an overly fun side in her after all." Conan claps his hands lightly, sitting in the dining room chair.

"You didn't break her did you Zane?" Blaze smirks looking at us.

I sit in the chair and put my face in my hands. I could just go on be burned right now and die out of embrassment.

Little hands touch mine and I look up to see Chester. I sit back up straight and pick him up to be placed in my lap. I barely register Chester as he ambles on about his night with Chave, since he had woke up they played with some trucks before he went back to sleep.

Zane tells the others how I thought it was all a dream since I told him. At the moment I am glad he is explaining it and Conan got into serious Beta mode right away because I had a different feeling and reaction from what they thought.

"It is all easy to explain." Jasel speaks up, placing a plate of fruit in front of Chester and I.

We missed breakfast so Zane is eating his now, but I ended up feeding from him last night so I can't hold any actual food right now. At least after tonight, hopefully, I will never have to be full from feeding off blood but just normal food everytime I am hungry.

"You're still a vampire right now and herbs have a different affect on you than they normally would for any human or wolf even. The dose of the herbs you ingested if you were human would have relaxed you enough to make you fall asleep, but instead if sorta left you in what would be in a state of vampire high." Jasel shrugs.

"I don't have to do that again tonight do I?" I look over to her after watching Chester eat while she talked.

"No, not tonight. Everything that happens tonight you will be fully aware. Nothing will be ate or drank. The worst will be a massive burning throughout your body and on the palms of your hands we do have to place silver on." Blaze sighs.

"What is the point to that when silver is poisionous to vampires?" Conan beats Zane in speaking.

Which may be a good thing because I don't think Zane would've been so calm in asking.

"It is the one thing she must handle the sting of throughout the spell. It is a point of knowledge that it worked because by the end of the spell the silver will no longer sting to the touch." Blaze gives a sad look.

"So this spell is not going to be pleasant but painful." Zane growls.

"It honestly can't be any worse than the burning pain I remember from being turned." I look over to him and give him a sad smile.

"I don't like you will be going through more pain." Zane leans over and I do the same holding Chester. He kisses my lips lightly.

"I will do anything I have to, my wolfman, in order to be human again." I give what hopes to be a positive smile.

"Just hold your breath. That is what mama tells me if something hurts when she cleans my boo-boo." Chester pipes up.

"Of course! The only way to handle it but we can't hold our breath to long." I tickle his sides since he doesn't have food in his hand.

"No mama can show you but it is a special way to make it not hurt." Chester laughs.

My eyes catch Jasel's and she is smiling at us.

"What all is to be done today?" Conan looks around the table.

"I will go out and make sure training is going well with the warriors." Zane nods.

"Jasel and I have to rest for tonight. We will need every ounce of energy that we can get. I do have to say now, no matter how bad it looks neither of you can step in." Blaze looks to Zane and Conan.

"We won't. There is no way I would do anything to risk this for Keava or risk either of you getting hurt in the process." Zane finishes his food.

"It is more of your wolves." Jasel gives a soft smile to Conan and then to Zane. "They won't like what they will probably witness."

"We got this my little witch. You just rest today. I am going to spend time with Chester and make sure you get your meals when it is time." Conan kisses Jasel, and Chester hops off my lap.

"I get to watch the fighters!" Chester jumps up and down.

"Yeah, let's go see how they are doing." Zane and Conan each take one of his hands.

Zane leans over and kisses me once more before they walk out the back door.

"You will need your rest too and it will keep you from getting hurt before we can do the spell tonight." Jasel gives me that stern mothering look to not argue.

"I am going to take it easy. Maybe clean the knives from the attack and just catch up on paperwork." I nod.

"Good. I am going to do some paperwork myself. We both need to get ahead on it because you will need several days to rest and I know that will need at least tomorrow to as well." Jasel smiles.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Feelings on how little sneak peeks of what is to come?

Shouldn't Blaze and Jasel do something to help contain Conan and Zane during the spell?