46. Sneaky

It has been over twelve hours since I found this room

It has been over twelve hours since I found this room. Now, I have not stayed in this room the entire time. Call me sneaky, but I am also going to protect this pack even if it means on my own without Zane.

Once night fall came around last night. I open the window being on the first floor and stepped out. Probably was not the smartest thing to do but I didn't want to risk running into anyone at all last night. There was one mission I was on and it was to get to storage. Finally over the last few months of being here Zane had started bringing in things for bombs and weapons.

I take a couple days a week to train all the warriors on the weapons to where they can fight without just shifting. Which I figure with the way things will be going with the new patrol shifts, my training will come to a pause for now.

I ended up making many silver filled bomb and used my bag I had with my clothes from our bedroom to carry them all at once. When I had them packed up into the bag, I left the storage area and walked out to the borderline. That was no easy task, because wolves were shifted and walking everywhere. One point, I am pretty sure that Zane was one of the wolves based off how the bond hummed but with the darkness my vision is no where near what it was when a vampire.

The night guards were shocked but I talked them into not telling Zane I was out there last night and they promised to alert the day patrol to where I placed the bombs. After making the wide circle and using all I made up, I told the warrior to let Zane know after five minutes the bombs were there. That is when I ran with all I had in me to run.

This morning I now dress after a shower and figure Zane is probably still trying to find where I am exactly. Stealing a glance at the rose oil I give thought to adding some once more but I pocket it in my jeans instead. Just because I am still upset with him doesn't mean I will forget my duties as Luna and that is just what I am going to do now my part.

My stomach still is in twists and the only time I got to sleep was right through breakfast. Not even bothering with food, I open my office door and sit at my chair. There is no pressing matters with the pack schools at the moment, which is good.

"Good morning." Jasel gives me a small smile when she walks in holding papers.

"Morning." I try to smile back, but I know by now she no doubt knows what is going on between Zane and I.

"Did you get any sleep?" She looks at me.

"A couple of hours." I shrug. "What do you have there?"

"These are just some supplies needed for you to sign off on if you agree with it. Mainly it is things the daycare needs." Jasel hands the papers over.

"Thanks." I look over and begin to sign them.

"Pretty ballsy what you done last night. The warriors wouldn't tell Zane it was you exactly placing the bombs but Blaze nor myself done it." Jasel smirks.

"How ticked is he still?" I sigh and lean back in the chair.

"He isn't at all." Jasel shrugs.

I sit up quickly and can feel my eyes go wide.

"Zane feels guilty just like Conan used to feel after we fought." Jasel gives a sad smile.

"You and Conan used to fight?" I scrunch my brows.

"Oh yes. We have had several and honestly some got worst than what you and Zane went through yesterday."

"But I know it was not Ruken talking that was all Zane, because through the bond it was like I could feel Ruken fighting Zane but not on his side." I look down remembering how weird that felt since normally Ruken doesn't get worked up to that level.

Jasel sighs. "It sadly happens. Zane is attached to you just like Ruken is and in a way it is some ridicilous way for them to show you love. Is by laying their life down for you and then to say they would lock you up to keep you safe. I used to fight with Conan if there was an attack but I stopped to help the rest of the pack and then especially because I had Chester. By not being in the fight,  when technically the weaker one, it gives them the space they need to fight and not worry about the ones they care about the most."

I get that. Really I do, but all I want is this one last fight because this nest if it is the same one has had me on the verge of crazy for so many years.

"Well, I will let you get to the paperwork." Jasel smiles and walks out the door.

"I will be down in the kitchen right after." I call out.

I sign the papers because the items they want is very important. I place them back in the pile for approvals already complete and walk out of the office. Zane's door is wide open but he is not inside, so I keep walking.

Right now I don't want to go on the search for him because I know we will see each other at some point. Plus, I am not really rushing to talk with him either because it still hurts on him being quick to die or lock me up and what I said hurt him too.

Jasel's talk did help some to where I see his point and by knowing Conan has done the same to Jasel and their mateship seems perfect now, well other than his pranks. It at least gives me hope we can get over this fight and it is true everyone goes through fights.

Geez, I can remember some of my parents fights but they made up and seemed back in love shortly after.

My hand touches the kitchen door, but I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Keava..."

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Who may have stopped Keava from going into the kitchen?

Is it fair that Keava is doing her part still?

Should Keava have found Zane to talk things through?