39. Human Again

My body feels so heavy and sore

My body feels so heavy and sore. Did I get ran over by a truck after the spell? The last thing I can remember is the pain finally leaving my body and I was so tired there was no hope in fighting it.

Letting out a groan with how my muscles cramp with my stretch, I simply roll over in the bed. My eyes don't want to open so I will just lay here in this soft and warm space.

A hand runs over my cheek and the tingles that spread through my body tells me it is Zane. I can feel as my cheeks bunch up from my wide smile. I was so worried that the tingles and sparks would not be as strong but they are.

I open my eyes and close them back for a quick second, with the light shining through the window. Zane must have moved his body because I can tell with my eyes close it shadowed over. I peek open my eyes and Zane is resting on an arm with his side on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He looks all over my face.

I move my hand up and cup his cheek, I raise off the bed some and capture his lips with mine.

Pulling back, I see him calm from the one kiss. "I am okay."

Zane gives me a look and knows I am playing it off. It took more than I thought it would to move my hand and raise up from the bed some.

"You're still weak, my treasure. Here, eat some lunch. If it isn't what you are wanting I can go and get something else." Zane moves quickly and sits up, grabbing a tray to bring it over.

I sit up too and see I have on one of Zane's shirts.

"How are the others?" I look to Zane as he places the tray in my lap.

It is full of fresh fruits and finger sandwiches, with a small cup of pudding on the side. Can I just skip to dessert? Surely, I get to indulge some after the spell has been done.

I am guessing it took fully because I can no longer hear Zane's heartbeat by just sitting next to him. His scent is still there but I know it is normal to smell your mate but there is no longer this starving feeling behind his scent. Now it is just a pleasant and relaxing scent for me.

"They are up and moving around. Conan and I can tell they are both still tired." Zane hands me the fruit since I have only looked at the food.

I take a bite of the strawberry and the sweet flavors dance on my taste buds.

"Goddess! Do you know how long it has been since I have actually enjoyed these?" I moan.

Zane's eyes darken and I swallow the sweet fruit. Oh shit!

"That was sexy as hell. To bad though you need your rest too before we do any of that." Zane kisses my lips.

My heart flutters and I want more than just a kiss, but from what he just said he won't touch me until I rest more. Although, I can still get my way easily and have him if I try hard enough.

"I thought vampires tasted food still?" Zane brings the conversation back to what I said.

I nod my head. "Yeah, but the food doesn't taste no where near as good because of the hunger for blood. Which is why most vamps never touch human food. My hunger was never as bad because of the ring, so I could sustain off human food and not just blood all the time. Things just weren't flavorful though." I shrug.

With the fruit gone, I pick up a sandwich because I am starving. Plus, it seems to help wake me up completely.

"How long have I been asleep?" It hits me when he says the others are awake already but still just tired.

"The spell was done last night, so you slept about fourteen hours." Zane looks over at the clock.

"Not to bad then." I nod and take a bite from the food, but my mouth starts to hurt.

My eyes tear up from the feeling of needles pricking my gums. I use slow movements in chewing and swallow it down, but a few tears slip from my eyes in the process.

"What's wrong?" Zane seems to become frantic.

I shake my head. "My gums started hurting all of a sudden some."

Zane puts his finger under my chin to raise my head up to him and uses a finger to open my lips gently. His eyes zoom in my mouth before he leans down and gives me a slow kiss.

"Where your main fangs were are small scab areas." He sighs.

I remember those coming out and it was painful in itself. Someone might as well just took pliers and ripped them out with how it felt.

"The sauce probably burned the area." I look at the sandwich. "It will heal soon enough but it is good though."

"Slow healing means your fully human again. I never doubted the spell, because the silver never harmed you when they finished it."

I drop the sandwich and grab the pudding. This is what I was more interested in anyways. Guess now that I am human again, calories count but for today I am giving myself the slack. Zane picks up the sandwich and eats, which makes me happy to not feel so weird eating alone.

"What is the plan for the day?" I look to Zane.

Zane raises his eyebrow at me and tilts his head. "You need to rest. There is nothing pressing."

"I don't want to lay in bed all day because my muscles are really going to feel sore." I sigh.

Zane huffs and looks to me. "I thought maybe you would be calmer once back human but I am more than happy to see your still my fiesty mate." He pulls me down to the bed and kisses my lips.

I giggle some into the kiss.

"Nope this is all me. The only thing the vampire part made me different was blood thirsty for killing other vampires. Although, I still feel like doing that but I know I am no where near that strong anymore." I sigh once Zane pulls back and looks down at me.

"You are perfect the way you are and I am still going to help find that nest and kill them for you. Now, as for today it is up to you what you want to do, since I can't keep you in bed all day long." He smiles.

"There is one way to keep me here all day." I smirk.

Zane laughs. "Oh I would, but we need to talk about that now too. Since your human again, do you want to have pups with me?"

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

What will Keava's response be to having babies?