38. Finire

My heart aches for Keava even more when she let's out the noise

My heart aches for Keava even more when she let's out the noise. I never seen her in pain like this and it is the worst thing ever. Now I am actually glad for this damn circle because I want to hold her in my arms to comfort her.

With Keava on her knees it seems like she is almost dry heaving instead of vomiting.

That's what I thought until blood start coming out!

Ruken snarls and I can feel when my canines elongate from my gums.

Jasel wobbles where she stands in front of Keava and continues chanting. Which makes Conan growl out and shake beside me. We both know her and Blaze are using an incredibly large amount of magic that neither of them have ever done before.

A high pitch scream comes from Keava's lips once more. This time I watch in horror as her fangs start to fall out of her mouth, leaving only normal teeth left behind.

That is horrifying to see mate go through it! Please! Please! Help her! Ruken whines and growls.

I wish I could but there is nothing I can do, this circle will make me look like a burnt popcorn if I find a way to even push through it. I can't risk this chance for the spell to work either.

Torn is not strong enough to describe how I feel right now.

The candles start to simmer down and not burn as bright like when they first got lit. Blaze and Jasel chants start to slow as their voice take on a more normal sound. Keava is on her knees with her head hanging down, but her shoulders shake with the sobs she is releasing.

Jasel and Blaze both step into the circle with Keava and kneel down on each side of her. They place a hand on her shoulder and it makes her sit up straight and hang her head back. I can see just how wet her cheeks are from her tears.

Blaze uses his free hand and starts to untie the cloth that has held the silver to Keava's hands. I can see the skin seems to be unaffected and is no longer burning her flesh as badly.

I let out a deep breath of air with being able to see the spell is working just as they said it would.

Conan shifts next to me and growls, just as Jasel sways side to side and falls to her hip from where she was kneeling. Jasel keeps chanting through it all but her words are softer, showing how much energy she has used.

Blaze is fairing no better and barely able to keep on his knees. Some of his words start to slur into one as his hand comes off Keava's shoulder.

With the last of the energy Blaze and Jasel both seem to have, the only thing that can be heard clearly is 'finire'.

It is enough for me to know they have completed the spell.

The circle around Conan and I burst into a red flame. The magic containing it complete with the spell, setting us free. We both bolt the few steps over to where Keava and Jasel are laying on the ground, with Blaze barely staying upright on wobbling legs while breathing harshly.