18. Fueled Me

Conan and I were working on going through the packs storage of precious treasures passed down to me as Alpha through the centuries of things previous Alphas brought in

There is a special blade made of pure gold. This blade will be used in the ceremony to bring in Keava as Luna, since silver is poisonous to her.

Jasel mindlinks in to me and Conan about Calin stopping them from coming back after dress shopping.

Teleport us there, please. I link back wanting to end this before it got to far with Calin causing problems.

Just as I feel Jasel's magic flow through me with her chants, she opens her mind further to where we can hear every word spoke as if we had been there before now.

"I challenge you Keave Knight for the Luna position, with no blades present. This is a challenge bare hands." Calin growls out.

"Accepted." Keava hisses.

My blood boils instantly.

No! Don't let this happen! Or you will be in the doghouse not me! We just got mate make Calin stand down. Ruken growls and snarls in my mind.

I can't even if I want too, there is nothing I can do with this being made an official challenge and Keava accepting. Without her blades I am not sure how Keava can fight, but I know that Calin is an overly strong she-wolf.

The small part between the lines is Calin never said she wouldn't shift and Keava never added to the challenge before accepting.

Calin stomps to the side field where not only training is held but also challenges.

I send out a mass mindlink and step up to Keava as she is being slightly pulled by Jasel.

"I have trust you can beat her but you didn't add anything to the challenge, so Calin will be able to shift." I whisper by her ear.

"Well that counts the most you trusting me. Zane, I haven't went all this time not being able to fight without blades. By me not welding them it is safer for her than it is myself. I'm less likely to cause life threatening harm. I know this challenge is to show the strongest leader and to show of to the pack. It just ticks me off what she said about them." Keava hisses a little at the end.

Pride beams with how she stands up for the pack. I had caught what Calin had said which didn't help keep me calm. What she-wolf wanting to be Luna would say such things? None.

By the time Keava and I walk to the training field, everyone has gathered. Conan stands next to Jasel to the area where the high ranks are during a challenge, they step up to stand with me as I read off the rules and the challenge to the others.

Calin is standing in the middle, with a few of the ones that are her supposed friends around her.

Keava walks of to the side but stops still within an arms reach from me.