11. My Treasure

When Zane accepted me and for what I am everything else seemed to go out the door

When Zane accepted me and for what I am everything else seemed to go out the door. I have been fighting and trying to process everything.

To learn that my family was helping creatures just blew me off the map. Part of me understood though too in helping the wolves. They seem like gentle creatures other than the rogues and if the pack isn't mad over something.

All of it stops spinning through my mind with Zane's lips on mine. It has been over a decade since I thought of being with a man because rage consumed me for most of that time and gave me the strong desire to just kill other vampires.

When Zane pulls back from the kiss, I open my eyes and try to keep a small whimper buried down in my chest that wants to come out already missing the contact.

"Thank you for letting me read this book. I would like to do that in spare time." I smile.

"Spare time? Do you still plan to hunt?" Zane lets out a whine when asking the question.

"I hadn't thought about it really. Honestly, I want to because it is the one thing I have wanted is to track down the nest responsible for my family and get closure." I sigh.

I look back to Zane. "But I want to stay here more now than hunt. The thought of leaving to hunt hurts really because I found you. So I was thinking more of you showing me what a Luna does and me getting started and used to it since I am your mate."

Zane gets the largest smile I have ever seen and it makes him look even younger than he already does.

"I would be more than happy to show you." Zane pulls me hands up.

"Could I have my bag to at least shower before you show me all about this title of Luna?" I give a playful smile.

Zane pulls me out of the office and to a different door that is a large open room. It is slim on the decorations but there is a few with a neutral color tone on the walls, with a large bed against the side wall.

"This is our room. The bathroom is right through here and then this will be your closet." Zane opens the bathroom door before opening a door to a large walk in closet.

My eyes pop with the space inside of it. You could fit a whole other bed inside of the thing.

"You do realize that I have like five outfits in that bag I had."

He laughs and walks over to me. "Tell me your size in clothes and I will have someone bring you a whole new wardrobe from our local shop on the pack land."

I shake my head. "No thank you. I would love to pick out my clothes it is not often I have took the chance to actually pick out good clothes and not basic rags that I don't mind getting rid of if unwashable." I laugh.

Zane shrugs. "Sure. I can take you by after a little tour."

I see my bag off to the side and then the small cooler of my blood bags that I carry. I open the duffle and pull out clean clothing and my soaps before standing up.

"Do you need to have that placed in a specific way for keep?" Zane points to it.

"Nope. Not really Blaze had casted a spell on the cooler and it stays at a cool temp inside no matter what to preserve the bags."

Zane nods and I walk into the bathroom.

Removing the clothes, I set the water and step in. The warmth is refreshing and for once in a very long time I can feel my body relax and enjoy this time. My wrists are completely healed.

As the water runs down my body and the scents of my soaps cleanse over me, my mind going over every single kill I have done. Some seem to blur with how they were to easy and I lose count every time I try to count. Is it enough to say I have at least started to redeem my existence?

I don't know if I will ever feel it is enough until I can find the ones that started this. Guess in a way that I can thank them because who knows if I would have ever been brought to my beloved. Well I guess then it would have just been mate in Zane's terms since I wouldn't hadn't been a vampire if found him before being turned. I actually like mate a lot better than beloved, because it is one less part of being a vampire.

With a flick of the knob it turns the water off and I look around to realize there are no towels in view. Great! I didn't think to look for one before hand or ask Zane.

I go to step out of the shower an my foot immediately starts to try to slide. I huff because you would think being a vampire I would not be affected by something so small but one thing I hate is slipping around.

"Zane?" I try to see if he can hear me without yelling.

The door cracks open a little and his scent waffs into the bathroom.

"You called, tesoro?" His voice fleets in.

"Where are the towels? What is that word also?" I hold the glass door open.

Zane laughs. "It means treasure, your my treasure Keava. Towels are in the cabinet to the left of the shower when your standing inside it."

I look and great it is still a walk out and around to grab one.

"Uh.. Could you grab me one by chance?" I might as well rip that bandage off as we are mates and at some point means he will see me anyways with us accepting each other.

Zane coughs and walks into the bathroom. He keeps his eyes adverted the entire time, which makes me laugh.

"What?" He smiles.

"I thought you would have taken the chance to look at your naked mate standing in your shower."

"I am trying to be repsectful." Zane sighs and rubs his eyes.

"What if I don't want you to be? I mean for me it has been well over twelve years since a guy has seen me and it didn't last two minutes. It was a simple loosing of my virginity and he is was done in the condom." I sass, feeling overly bold in this moment with my mate.

Zane's eyes meet mine and they have turned dark.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Does it seem to be going well between Zane and Keava?

I wonder if they are already bringing out softer sides neither of them have seen in years?