8. Spoke The Truth

I am walking down the stairs to the cells when Conan comes jogging up

"How did it go? I was just on my way to the cells to help interrogate the thing." I look at Conan.

"Well the vamp is saying her name is Keava Knight." Conan gets out quickly.

I do a double take. The name is well known within our world because many times the Knight's had been there through the years to help the packs of the land. They upheld the secrets and got things we needed from humans that are hard to get otherwise.

"That family line parished a couple of years after I became Alpha."

Conan nods. "I got the vamp draining to see if she will be truthful. Something in its' eyes though tells me she is not lying because this vamp believes it."

I turn and go back to my office. Conan follows in behind and closes the door when he comes in.

"There is a book on the humans that know of supernatural beings." I mumble over by the bookshelf.

I grab the book and flip to the Knight family line. It has a picture of the last family along with a picture of the brand that the humans would put on their infants to where their mark is on the child should anything ever happen to the parents.

Handing the book over to Conan, he looks over it. "We got this from her bag of items she was carrying." Conan hands a picture over.

It is of the same family but clearly older versions in the one he gave me from the younger people in the book picture.

"So now we can go back down and see if she has this brand the book shows." I sigh.

It is a fairly basic design with a knife and flower. This is the Knight family brand though that every single member holds and even the wives or husbands married in will get this brand.

If there is still a Knight left than there could finally be answers as to why they were wiped out. That has been a mystery to the wolves around the country. It was the entire family line all the aunts and uncles and so on. Then on top of it all they all parished on the exact same night. Or well we claim they parished because all the bodies just went missing.

"I will go see if the vamp is hungry and try once more to see if the answer is the same or not. There was no brand on the wrist like it states in this book." Conan rubs his neck.

"It could also be on the ankle from the text. Just don't give away the brand and see if the vamp mentions it first because that would be better to show it is being truthful and not just some lie." I nod.

"One other thing. The vampire what she has said it points to her also being the Vampire Huntress." Conan sighs.

"Damn really? That is the only one out of all the vampires that is good because she has killed so many of her own kind but no one knew of why. It would make sense if it is her and she is after revenge." I ponder