59. Peace

Once we stop walking up to the flowers, Blaze and Conan place the urns down on the soft grass

Once we stop walking up to the flowers, Blaze and Conan place the urns down on the soft grass. Samson and I step through the flowers slowly together and the wind starts to blow lightly.

Neither of us say anything as we open the top and slowly let the wind take the ashes of our parents. Tears fall silently down my cheeks as peace washes over me that they can now rest, knowing Samson and I are safe and finally the happiest we have been in so many years.

Jasel and Zane bring over Devon and Hest urns, handing them out lightly to Samson and I. We take the urns and follow the same movements. Placing the lids back on them, Samson pulls me in for a hug and my tears flow even more.

I pull out of the hug and bend down to rest on my legs in the flowers. Pulling the item out of my pocket, the sun shines bright on the last family picture we had. Zane made sure to make copies of the picture to where we have a larger verison framed in our room and Samson was given a copy of it. Looking at each of their faces again, Samson joins me.

We move the flowers off to the side and I push the prongs to the frame into the dirt. Looking down at the picture of them where they will now lay to rest. After a few minutes Samson and I get off the ground and walk over to the others.

Zane wraps his arms around me and I lean into his embrace, watching the wind take and swirl the ashes around. It seems like they are getting one last dance in life, is how I would like to see it as.

We all turn and walk back to the pack house, together. The air feels lighter knowing now what happened to their bodies and knowing that all four of them can finally be in peace.

A happiness does run through me that I at least still have one of my brothers here with me. I am grateful for him living through it, even though what he lived through was the worst hearing him talk about. Samson has some issues sleeping still but he is slowing doing better and time is the only thing that will help him to be better but he won't ever be the exact same, just as I never will. We are both okay with that though because now we are here and have a purpose.

Samson has been seeing Chave also within the past few months. Which has been so sweet for the both of them.

Not to mention Blaze may have found the love of his life with a she wolf too. He has grown even closer to the one who owns the jelewry shop on the pack lands and they are right at the same age.

It is amazing to see how a mate bond forms between the couples. They are choosen mates and by them dating and spending time together a bond forms and it becomes as if they were fated mates, like Zane and me or even fated mates like Conan and Jasel.

Something Jasel and I have spoke about many times and are so happy for our brothers in finding love. Something they both needed too.

Chester kicks every single dandelion that his little feet can find. Which makes us all laugh and it something that we all need in this moment.