Bonus Chapter ❤️

Seven years later

Seven years later....

What a life it has been ever so peaceful and loving. To currently being sitting on the couch with my mate as the television plays and our twins laying on the floor with Chester fast asleep.

It is unusual but we all figure it's best on full moon nights to do this. For the last year we have all gathered here and slept in here within the packhouse. It was thought when the twins reached the age of thirteen they would shift but they are now fourteen and haven't. There are signs it is coming and I been waiting for it with a ball of anxiety in my gut.

Jasel hands a fresh cup of coffee and I nod in thanks. Blaze yawns and looks at the clock. "Think it will happen?"

Zane sighs and looks down to the twins when I glance at him. "No clue the moon has already reached its apex tonight."

Chester moves and sits up. "Get ready."

"What?" Conan tilts his head to his son. "I made of taught you pranks but please not with this. Not this time of night."

"I'm not." Chester frowns and stands up.

Before anyone can say a word further, Krew groans then screams as his arm snaps. My son, and oldest of the twins, has never screamed like that in his entire life. It brings chills to my body.

"Help me get them outside." Zane moves from the couch in a rush.

My eyes watch as I feel frozen while Conan, Blaze, and Zane get the twins outside.

"I will get the cold water." Chester rushes out before disappearing through the living room opening.

Snap from the moment I had, I hold Vanna's head as Blaze picks her up to carry her outside. My poor baby girl moans and whimpers as sweat forms on her skin. My son grunts as more snaps come from his limbs causing sounds of pain come from him.

Finally outside on the side lawn, my children lay on the grass. Chester comes out with two pales of water to place them close to each of the twins body. "Sponges are in the pales."

"Thank you." I nod to him as Zane works on taking off Krew's shirt.

"Get Vanna down to her under garments it will help with it being the only items her body will snap through once shifted and keep her cooler." Zane instructs.

Jasel and I get to work on undressing Vanna. A whimper turns into a scream as her spine lengthened before going back to normal. Sweat covers her. "Jasel can I have her sponge." I point with one hand while my other combs through her hair.

Part of me wants to cry as my babies go through this transition. May not know the pain of a first shift but seeing what Chester went through and other wolves in the pack is a constant reminder of the change they must face. Sometimes it send me back to the pain I went through transitioning from vampire to human once again.

Jasel hands me the sponge and I rub it over Vanna as her eyes open to look at me. "It's finally happening Mom." She smiles before a scream comes on from her legs pull in toward her body and snaps reforming.

I try to smile for her as this is something she has waited on. "Try not to fight it honey."

Vanna barely nods and I watch as she takes a breath while she rolls to her stomach and her arms are next to snap and reform.

My eyes look over to see Krew half shifted his eyes looking over to meet mine. His eyes turn yellow showing his wolf is closer to the surface and his smile shows the new canines poking through.

Fur sports out over the twins body as the last of their clothes shred and their bodies form the rest of the way into their wolves. Screams turn to growls until they stand on all fours.

A cold nose touches my arm and I turn my head to see Zane already shifted. Standing, I pet over his fur as we watch our twins butt heads and bounce lightly where they stand celebrating their shifts. They make the few steps over and my hand leaves Zane as I rub the twins muzzle at the same time letting their soft fur slip through my fingers.

"I'm proud of the both of you." I smile and they both lick my arm. Giving each of their wolves a hug they stand back as Zane butts their heads before laying before me to get on his back.

"Let us have a family and high ranking pack run." I smile as Conan and Chester walk over in wolf form. Jasel on the back of Conan and even Blaze on Chester. "That's new." I laugh lightly.

"Couldn't be left out." Blaze smirks.

Zane howls and is followed by the rest before we set off into the woods for a run. The wind flows through my hair but the happiness could easily be felt all around us.

We run through the pack and make it back to the pack house. Zane shifts once we grabs the spare clothes. I stand back and hold out clothes for Vanna as Chester has clothes for Krew, while Zane and Conan talk to them  as the twins hide and try to ease the shift back to their human bodies. Jasel and Blaze chant some low mutters and within just a couple minutes the twins are shifted back and Vanna's hand reaching around for the clothes I give her.

"Couldn't have helped during the shift earlier?" Krew smirks while standing in the spare clothes and not behind the trees they hidden to not have anyone see them.

"Sorry, can't help the first shift but everyone says it gets better." Blaze laughs.

"It does get faster and easier the more you shift." Zane adds in with Chester and Conan agreeing.

"Don't be a baby about it Krew, we can handle pain like that to be what we are." Vanna sasses stepping around with the rest of us being dressed herself now from the tree behind me away from everyone else.

"Both of you get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow we will increase your training." Zane hugs each twin before standing by me.

They nod and walk off to the pack house.

"Can't believe how fast they grew up." Zane sighs and I nod.

"We are getting old." I laugh as he hugs me.

"Speak for yourself we are all still young at heart." Conan laughs and we all join.

"Best way of thinking." Blaze laughs and they fist bump.

Finally making it to bed with Zane making sure our door is locked, I fall back on the bed. He joins me and I curl into his arms. This has definitely been the life since stumbling into this pack on accident all those years ago.