13. In Awe

Zane walks to his office after we walk from the room and I assured him I remember the way to the kitchen

Zane walks to his office after we walk from the room and I assured him I remember the way to the kitchen. I slowly walk through the hall and down the stairs, trying to calm myself.

Kissing Zane brings out a whole new side to me that both excites and scares me. My teeth literally hurt with wanting to place my bite on his skin to mark him as mine and mine alone. It scares me because I don't want to drink from him and I know I probably will when it happens.

The second part that scares me is I have never had fresh hot blood. I never want to hurt Zane and my mind wonders on if I will be able to stop it if we go farther than kissing.

That is the part that excites me because I want to go farther with Zane. I want him to show me what it is like to enjoy that most intimate time together.

Pushing through the door, the smells of food waffs around the area. Jasel looks up and smiles.

"Hey Luna."

"Hi. I would like to help out so just point in the direction you need me." I smile.

She waves me over and I see the second cutting board around the vegetables she is working on. A small child is to the side of her and watching her closely.

"This is Chester." Jasel smiles to the little boy.

"Hi, Chester. It is nice to meet you." I wave to him, before washing my hands.

Once back at the counter, I start to chop up like Jasel is doing. My eyes catch Chester moving down from the chair and he toddles over to where I stand. Using my foot, I move the chair out and place the knife down from cutting. Chester moves his legs and arms to climb up into the chair, before he smiles at me and watches.

"What did you think of the tour?" Jasel glances up to me with a smile.

"I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is so much land here and it amazes me how the pack seems more like a town in its' own self."

"It can get to be overwhelming." Jasel laughs.

"It seems like a peaceful place to live. Are there humans here though? I thought maybe there was some hints while walking."

"Oh yes. There is not many but the ones who have felt the mate bond pull and literally traveled all the way here to be with their mate. Since wolves stray from going into human cities the mate bond seems to pull them here to their mate instead."

"That is lovely how the mate bond works to pull them here to where they can still live happily together." I smile.

Chester hands over a bell pepper once I finish cutting the one I had.

"Thank you." I smile to him.

"Your welcome. Can I see your teeth?" Chester speaks up the first time since I been in here.

"Chester! That is not polite." Jasel says in hase.

I laugh. "I think it could scare some of the others in here."

I look up and the other she-wolves are in awe just about it but none actually looked scared with me being here with them.

"Luna, I heard the younger pups got to see you at recess." Another wolf walks up.

"Yes they did and it was so much fun listening to them. I had promised to visit again soon." I smile up to her and watch Chester with his hands on the counter top while I cut off to the side. Talk about multitasking, but this is relaxing.

"You should have seen her face though after clothes shopping. Poor Rosa was just straight out honest with her about underwear with the male wolves." Another laughs and everyone joins in.

"How can they be so hard on the lace. It is almost cruel to the object. Makes me want to just sew it back together because it seems cheaper than buying new ones every month, but it does help out the ones who sale them." I laugh.

"I am so glad your here dear." An older woman walks up to take the chopped veggies.

"So am I." I smile at her.

There is more talk and gossip through preparing the food, but I love every minute of it. Just the sense of peace and happiness. Not to mention, I have got to learn quite a bit in the short time here too.

"Okay, now just to get everything out to the dining table." Jasel wipes her hands off on the towel and I follow behind her.

How in the world the sauce seemed to get everywhere is beyond me but it taste good. Chester grabs the bread basks and carries them while I grab a large pan of the soup, with the others grabbing the sides. We got everything out in one load working together.

The dining hall is full of wolves talking at the long table. They all stop with the smell of food being placed around them. Not a single one makes a move for the food until we are all seated.

"You being the Luna gets to start placing food on the plate first." Zane smiles to me.

I grab a roll and place it in Chester's plate, since he sat right beside me and Jasel on his other side. Everyone gasps and I pull my hand back.

"What's wrong? Am I wrong by doing that?" I ask, looking around and finally back to Zane.

"No, tesoro. That is just a very Luna thing of you to do because you tended to a child before yourself. It shows that your already perfect at it and many years have gone by since the pack as had a Luna." Zane beams as he talks.

Guess I just passed some other part of the test and proved even more. At this point, I wonder how much I will do that surprises them.

To me though it is the right thing to do a child should have food on their plate first before an adult. They are younger and don't eat as much as an adult does anyways. Plus their food needs to be the freshest out of it all so it can cool for them.

Zane's hand rubs my leg under the table as I nibble on the pasta and sauce.

"Are you sure you don't need anything else?" Zane looks to me.

"No, I am good thank you." I smile.

"I can get the Luna something more acceptable for her diet." Conan goes to move.

"No truly, I am good. I only fed once a week. Over the years I trained to not need the same amount as the others."

Everyone looks at me with even more wonder. This is going to get some getting used to in a way, if they keep being impressed with just who I am and not even trying.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Will Keava keep going smoothly through everything?

What may be Keava's reaction to marking Zane?

Hope everyone is enjoying so far!