𝟎𝟑. 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃.

Eren was happy to see his sister again, but saddened by the fact that now he would only have her in the world, considering his mother was dead and his father missing. Mavie was also happy to see him and decided that she would never leave his side again, after all, they were brothers and they needed to be together.

- You should go get something to eat, Mavie. When did you last eat? - Mikasa asked, holding the other girl's hand a little too tightly.

- At home... - the little girl replied with melancholy in her voice, the figure of her mother trapped under the rubble of the house was still present in her mind.

Ackerman, as soon as she heard her say those words, let out a long sigh and hugged her step sister who, surprised by that sudden gesture coming from the Asian woman, returned the hug. From the day they met, Mikasa and Mavie became great friends, not least because the girl with black and long hair was the only girl in the region who was Mavie's age, that's why they were so close. Although Mikasa has become a closed and complicated person to be understood, Jaeger did everything possible and impossible to help her stepsister with her needs and traumas, that was the least she could do after Ackerman always saved Eren from several situations confusions he got into.

- I'll get something to eat, see you later. - Mavie announced, but before she could leave, Eren called out to her.

- Mavie... When you get back, let's talk about something serious. - her brother said, placing one of his hands on her shoulder, looking her straight into her brown eyes.

The girl didn't answer him, she just nodded and walked out among the crowd of people who were close to a tent where they were distributing food.

As she walked, numerous doubts arose in her mind and it started to bother her, after all, there was nothing that could help her in that situation, not even her father, because not even she or anyone else knew where Grisha Jaeger had gone. that morning. Briefly, now, it would be Mavie for Eren and Eren for Mavie. Even though the two were the same age, the young woman was still more responsible than her brother and that meant that she would be the one who had to make sure Eren didn't run off to his death.

- Damn all those worms... - she grumbled, holding back to not burst into tears once more.

Anyone who passed by could imagine that Mavie would be cursing all the rude soldiers who were there, however, all that hatred that the little girl felt was directed at only one specific group: the titans. Before the attack, Mavie didn't think about those beings, much less about the day she would become an orphan and would need to take care of herself and her brother as if he were a baby, because Eren really acted like he was a spoiled baby full of will.

- Little girl, have you ever eaten anything? - a girl with curly hair approached Mavie, leaning her body so that their faces were towards each other.

- Not yet... I was going to get some for myself and my brothers.

- My name is Sarah, I am part of the military police and I am helping the refugees who are here in this place. - as soon as he said, she handed him four loaves of bread and a bottle of water.

- Thank you... - Jaeger thanked her shyly, trying to bring a smile to her face.

As soon as she got the food she needed, the girl ran in search of her brother and friends to give them what she had taken, even though she was sure that everyone had already eaten something, however, she still worried about her health and welfare be theirs.

[...]

That day later, Mikasa and Armin retired a little early to sleep and rest after two days of intense agitation, while Mavie and Eren stayed awake. Both sleepless, just sat with their backs against each other as they watched people sleep peacefully next to what was left of their families. Seeing mothers and fathers hugging their children was a big trigger for the Jaeger brothers, who still hadn't gotten over and accepted the death of Carla, their mother. Whenever they heard the word "mom", Mavie and Eren felt a pang in their chests and wanted to cry, but they held back not to do it and did their best to swallow all that feeling of sadness.

Eren still felt guilty for being weak and not having had the strength to lift the rubble off his mother's body, that thought of incompetence had been tormenting him since the moment Hannes said they both couldn't save her for Eren being weak and Hannes being a coward. In the end, Hannes was right about both parties, after all, Eren was just a 9-year-old boy, there was no way he could save Carla from such a cruel and bloody fate.

- Earlier you said you wanted to talk about something serious, what was it? - Mavie asked in whispers, turning to face her brother.

- Can we go outside? I don't want to wake up Armin and Mikasa. - he replied in the same tone, getting up carefully and helping the twin to do the same.

In silence and holding hands, Eren and Mavie left the shed together and walked to a place further away from the shed, where they could not be heard or separated in case they ended up arguing.

The two walked in silence and the only sound they could hear were their footsteps and some owls, which made the environment a little scary, however, it was nothing that made them leave that conversation for later. When they reached a favorable distance, Eren stopped walking and asked his sister to do the same.

For a few moments, the two were looking at each other with serious faces, but still without saying anything, however, the boy Jaeger decided to start such a conversation.

- I'm still determined to be part of the Survey Corps. - he said, crossing his arms and looking deep into his sister's eyes.

- Fuck. You are not going. - Mavie snapped, clenching her fists tightly.

Deep down, she felt a bit of anger, but also sadness, she didn't want to lose more loved ones because of the titans, including Eren, who was the only one she had left after the titans' invasion of Wall Maria.

- Should you do the same, or do you want to spend your life being a doormat? I figured that after everything that happened, you would see things the way I do! - Eren shouted, letting all his anger overflow in that moment.

- Are you an idiot, Eren? We don't have enough strength to survive out there! The more times we go there, the more of our people will die! For God's sake, you still don't understand that we have no other option but this? Eren, understand, we are weak. - the girl responded to the screams too, and as if the hate in her eyes wasn't enough, tears began to form and run down her face.

- If you want to stay here, then continue... Keep serving cattle for when they come back and eat you like... Just like they did with mom!

Infuriated by the words used by him, Mavie concentrated all her strength in her right fist and hit her brother in the face, causing him to fall on the impact caused and before Eren could get up, the girl climbed on top of him and started punching him in the face while he tried to dodge the blows that were thrown at him.