𝟔𝟓. 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐄, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄.

Once everyone retired to their dorms, Mavie and Eren were finally able to have a moment alone in the barracks cafeteria. The twins looked at each other for a while, not knowing where to start their conversation, after all, they were months away from each other and they had never been separated for so many months, not even when Eren was taken by Levi and his old team. Mavie was leaning against the wall, with her hands behind her back and peering at the brunette through the few locks of hair that covered most of his face, giving him a slovenly look, something that caught the attention of his brother, who approached her and he removed the strands from the front of his face, putting them behind his ear and presenting her with a short and gentle smile, which was reciprocated in the same way. It wasn't often that Eren had that kind of care for his twin, but of course Mavie wouldn't complain or be surprised about that, quite the contrary, she just felt welcomed with that approach.

Unable to take it anymore, Eren grabbed his sister tightly and wrapped her in a tight hug, placing one of his hands on the young woman's head, while the other was wrapped around her torso. At the time, Mavie's eyes widened and she tried to pull away, however, she was stopped by the boy, who asked her in a whisper not to do that and, once again, she just reciprocated his gesture. For a few minutes, the twins held each other in silence, with only the sound of their heartbeats being heard and felt by each other due to their approach. The black-haired girl felt so good, so welcomed, so protected in her brother's arms, that it was as if she had never left there and questioned herself why the two always deny that between them, when a simple hug would be enough. enough to make them feel good even as the world is crashing down around them.

However, even feeling him there, so close to her, Mavie still felt her heart tight inside her chest, with a bad feeling, the same bad feeling that warned her of bad things that were about to happen and, then, she thought: "I shouldn't ignore it, but I don't want to spoil it", sinking her small face into the curvature of the young man's neck with greenish eyes, letting a few tears escape and wet the shoulder of the older one, who ignored it and, just like the girl in his arms , also cried for the comfort and peace he felt at that time. Eren felt infuriated for not having been able to preserve and protect his sister from all that danger that was to be in that world, mainly for not having noticed the signs that something was happening between her and Reiner, thus not being able to prevent that he had destroyed her heart. Jaeger and abandoned her with a child who would never have anyone to call "father".

The boy looked at the young woman in front of him and noticed every detail of her face and remembered how she looked happier during her childhood. Long hair, always combed and arranged in a beautiful braid, beautiful dresses, a dreamy look full of hope for a sweet and long life, but now... Eren felt he was losing her forever, after all, little by little she stopped being the Mavie he used to know and that ranged from her personality changes to the drastic change of look she had undergone in recent months. His countenance looked tired and his face was covered with scars, dark circles and small scratches in some parts. When had she changed so much? He asked himself, anguished. They were twin brothers, but they were never close as they should have been, Eren always pushed her away because of his temper and watched her grow from afar, watched her change, transform, discover herself... However, he was never by her side to accompany her it in your changes.

- Your hair... You... cut it... Why? – he questioned her, lightly running his hands through his sister's hair.

- I needed to get rid of the weight he carried and, also, I'll need it short for my disguise. – Mavie answered him subtly, while her eyes fell towards the ground, discouraged to face the brunette.

- You don't have to do that, you know that. I can manage with Reiner and Bertholdt if they show up, but not you. Mavie... You had a baby. You won't be able to fight! – with strength, Eren held each side of the face of the shorter one, making her look at him again.