𝟑𝟒. 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑.

Reiner Braun.

I wonder how much longer I'll be able to keep this mask of a good guy, I feel that every day I'm more involved with these people and I don't know for sure who I really am. My mind split into two completely different personalities, it's hard to know who the real me is...

Everyone thinks I'm kind and honest and trustworthy, but I'm just a traitor who's taken their lives when needed, which is what happened to Marco. His voice begging for help still torments me and the worst of it is knowing that in his last moments, he must have thought about how damned the three of us are... Soon we, who lived together for three long years, slept under the same roof, we eat the same food and share our lives with each other, although our entire history has been made up to fit the reality of the people of Paradis.

Despite everything, I consider Eren one of my best friends, I identify with him both in his determination and in his trajectory as a soldier, and I am happy to have seen him stand out in recent years and achieving his goal of being among top ten in our class, I really feel like a proud big brother. However, I find myself forced to let go of all the bonds we've created since he became our second biggest target, and it leaves me stunned and thoughtful.

I spent my entire childhood being judged and spit on by the people around me, always reminding myself of the "bad blood" that runs through my veins and how a dark, bloody and cruel past continues to haunt new generations who don't even blame what our ancestors did. did or did not do.

The day we arrived at the walls, I thought I could finally show my courage and terrorize Shingashina, however, as soon as I saw the faces of those people and how scared they were, the shrill sound of children crying or mothers carrying her children in their arms and I surrendering to death, I could feel, for the first time in my life, what it was like to be a monster.

Guilt weighed heavily on my conscience and I didn't have the strength to continue attacking, I just gave up everything and went to meet Bertold who was hiding with Annie, who remained unconscious and exhausted after running away from that cluster of titans she had attracted to Wall Maria.

When I look at Mavie, I can vividly remember her terrified expression as I smashed through the gates of the Shingashina District and allowed the titans to invade the rest of the wall. Her eyes filled with tears, her face bruised, her clothes grubby from being so dirty, her hair messy and her body being almost covered by all the dust and smoke that had settled there, Mavie could very well have died at that moment, however, for for some divine reason, she had been spared from being crushed by me or the wreckage of the gates.

That day... I realized that we were always wrong about the people of the island, they were never demons without feelings and never will be, we spent our whole lives being brainwashed by the Marleyan and world government, which insists to this day that we are an evil and diabolic race.

To tell you the truth, after all the good times I've had here, I can only wish that I was born and raised in Paradis, not only me, but all the Eldians who live around the world, would be much happier here, despite everything. In Paradis, we would never be judged for who we are or killed for any mistake we made. Regardless of the conditions these "demons" live in, they are still happier and freer than the Eldians in the concentration camps.

Come to think of it, Paradis is indeed Paradise. I see these people and I would really like to be from this place, I would be happy and my mental health wouldn't be as bad as it is right now. I would have known Mavie the right way, we would have been friends since our childhood, we could have fallen in love before and been together ever since, I wish we could one day get married and build our own family... It sounds silly, but It's all I'd like... To be happy. With her.