𝟐𝟏. 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒.

Graduation night had arrived and the remaining 218 cadets could not be happier with that night that would be so special and unique in their lives. Eren was excited about the celebration and anxious to know if he was among the top ten in the battalion, he was absolutely sure he would be among them and couldn't wait to hear his name being called by his instructor, Keith Shadis. Mikasa and Armin, on the other hand, didn't care that much about knowing such a result, as they didn't give a damn about the top ten title, although it was a little obvious that Ackerman would be among them.

Mavie felt distressed, was afraid of the results and mentally hoped that her brother would change his mind and decide to be part of the Garrison or Military Police. She told Eren that she supported him in his decision and would not hinder him anymore, however, deep in her heart, she wanted the twin to give up on his dream.

- Offer your hearts! Today, you will have three options, cadets. They can enter the Garrison, protecting the cities and reinforcing the walls, or the Survey Corps, which risks their lives beyond the walls in the territory of the titans, or the Military Police, which serves the king, leads the people and protects the internal order. Of course, only the best students whose names will be announced will be able to join the Military Police. – a dark-haired man told them, looking at them one by one, deep into his eyes.

That was the moment of truth, all the recruits were with their hearts a thousand because of the anxiety caused to know who would be the best in their class. Mavie was on shaky legs and hands, not knowing where to look, but always taking her brown orbs and keeping them focused on Eren, who was grinning with excitement. Armin, as soon as he noticed his friend's restlessness, turned to her and smiled gently, placing one of his hands on the brunette's shoulder, trying to support her and make her feel calm, even though he knew that would be impossible. The black haired girl looked at the blonde and forced a smile, although it was clear how nervous she was with that situation, the years had passed so quickly that Mavie couldn't believe she was already graduating and would soon become a real soldier.

- Nervous? – Arlert asked, using a low, calm voice.

- A little...

- Are you afraid of not being among the best?

- Of course not, Armin. I'm a realist, I know I won't be among them, not even in another life... My real fear is that Eren won't give up. – she said sadly and slightly stuttered when speaking, that nervousness was killing her.

- Look, take a deep breath and count to 10. Do this until you feel calmer...

- As if that would even help me. – Mavie said in an ironic tone, rolling her eyes then.

- It doesn't hurt to try, huh. – Armin retorted, giving the girl a wink.

Mavie didn't answer him anymore, just nodded and looked back at the man who was rant about how hard the last few years had been after the titans' attack on Wall Maria. She tried not to remember that afternoon of terror, however, it was something difficult not to do, after all, wherever Jaeger looked and noticed certain financial and precarious difficulties in people, it reminded her that all that was the result of the incident of 5 years ago when the Titans Colossus and Battleship appeared, destroying families and homes. Every time those bad memories came back to haunt her, Mavie could only think of her parents, especially her mother, because she couldn't remember her voice or face, her father, only the face was alive in her memory, but for little.

- Now, I will announce the name of those who were considered the best of the 104th cadet battalion! – once again, that man shouted for everyone to hear, drawing all eyes to him.

- And now..! – Eren muttered, euphoric.

- Good luck, bro.

- For you too!