𝟓𝟕. 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐊𝐘.

Eren was sitting on a wooden bench next to the bed where his sister was sleeping, it had been 3 days since Mavie had lost consciousness and showed no signs of waking up, and he was worried about that. The Jaeger had already found out about his sister's pregnancy and, after listening to the young woman's painful words that were directed at Reiner, he could be sure who the baby was that Mavie was expecting. The moment he connected the dots, Eren felt a deep hatred for the Braun, wondering how he had the courage to lay his blood filthy fingers on his sister without even intending to change sides or regret everything he had done. had done to both. At no time was Eren angry with his sister, he knew that despite her knowing how to defend herself, she was still very naive towards people, as Mavie believed in changes and regrets, unlike him.

The black-haired girl was lying down, with some bandages on her face and ointments spread over her burns, while her thigh remained bandaged due to the puncture she had suffered. His serene and peaceful face hid the eternal nightmare that lived in that deep sleep, and Eren knew it. Eren knew that even unconscious, Mavie was suffering from everything that had followed, he knew that from the moment she called him eagerly, letting all her pain show in her last words before fainting from exhaustion and pain. Carefully, he passed one of his hands over his sister's face, removing the large lock of hair that minimally covered her, finally being able to have a better view of the young woman.

There were two weak knocks on the door and a whisper asking for permission was heard by the Jaeger who, when he turned to look, saw Armin and, then, his green eyes sparkled when he saw him. The two boys stared at each other for a while, both managing to decipher the pain they felt for Mavie being in that state, but they didn't know what to say to comfort each other, only their looks were able to speak for themselves. Armin slowly walked towards Eren, stopping beside him and placing his hands on the brunette's shoulders, who shivered at the touch, however, he didn't back down. The Jaeger still had feelings for the blonde boy, but he had never found openings to declare himself and, therefore, Armin had no idea what Eren felt for him, at least that's what the green-eyed one thought.

- No Sinal? – Arlert asked, referring to the sleeping girl.

- Her eyes moved a little at dawn, but nothing that indicates that she will wake up.

- And the baby? He is still alive? We weren't told anything else, they said it's confidential.

- Mavie had a vaginal bleed. If we hadn't gotten her here right away, she would have lost the baby. – Eren said, returning his attention to the blonde's face.

- I already knew they had an affair, I just didn't say anything because... Reiner had begged for it. – he confessed, seeing the Jaeger's sad face replaced by anger.

- Did you know..? And you didn't tell anyone!? Especially for me, I'm her brother!? Look at the shit you could have avoided, Armin! – Eren shouted, enraged, getting up from the bench and putting his friend against the wall.

- I... I didn't know! I didn't think this would happen! I thought they would tell you everything as soon as we met with you!

- Wait, so they've been together longer than we've been on the Survey? Since when did you know!? – he shouted once more, drawing the attention of everyone outside.

- But that was pretty obvious, Eren. Mavie always showed a certain interest in Reiner, she gave it away with her eyes. – the blond boy with blue eyes retorted his friend, moving away from him.

The screams of discussion coming from the room attracted those who were outside into the room, who could see the young Mavie Jaeger still unconscious, while her brother and friend faced each other. Mikasa was the first to intervene between the two, putting herself in the middle of them and pulling Eren away from Armin, looking with a slight air of indignation at them, who apologized at the same time. Ackerman knew that situation was difficult for everyone, especially for Eren, who saw his sister giving her life to save him. When the Jaeger was delivered into Connie's arms, Eren and Mikasa tried to flee together on horseback, but the titans thrown by Armored made it difficult for the two to escape and, luckily, Eren managed to use the Founding Titan's power for the first time. And as soon as the unexpected happened, everyone understood why Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie were so interested in capturing Eren, they just didn't understand why they weren't afraid of the Jaeger being eaten by the titans.

Mikasa approached the bed where her stepsister was sleeping, lightly running her fingers over the girl's forehead, tightly holding back her tears, because she didn't want to break down in tears again. Jean entered the place and went to Mavie too, resting her hands on the Asian's shoulders, who just looked at him out of the corner of her gray and cold eyes, delivering with that simple gesture all the pain she felt for the state in which Mavie was. Everyone knew about the brunette's relationship with Reiner, but they didn't expect it to be so serious that she got pregnant and, worst of all, was having hidden it for so long.

- The baby... Is he okay? – Kirschtein whispered, still in shock with everything.

- Yes, but almost she would have lost it. – Eren replied, sitting on the floor, with his back against the wall.

- I won't hesitate to kill Reiner next time. He's going to pay for everything he's done to us, especially Mavie.

Hearing that, Jean shuddered all over. Despite everything Reiner had done together with Bertolt and Annie, he still couldn't feel hatred towards the three and he knew that Mikasa really was determined to kill them, after all, for her colleagues, she would give her life, especially when it came to Eren. and Mavie. He thought it was strange the exaggerated way Ackerman protected them tooth and nail, always putting their own safety at risk to keep them alive and away from threats. Jean was bothered by that, he felt threatened and insecure, however, he never wanted to complain or question Mikasa's ideals, because they were the closest she had to a family, so he had no right to complain about that. However, every night, Kirschtein asked himself in silence: "Does she really love me or just didn't know how to deal with his rejection?", that left him in crisis, but there was nothing he could do.

On the other hand, Mikasa didn't really love him, she just liked being with him and the attention she got from the brown man. Deep down, she still loved and cared for Eren's well-being, however, knowing that her feelings would never be reciprocated by the green-eyed boy, she just needed to accept and move on no matter how difficult it was, and why not try with Jean ? She knew he loved her, so she was going to take advantage of the situation, even if it was wrong.

[...]

Mavie Jaeger.

A strange dream, but at the same time, so... familiar, perhaps? I don't know where this nostalgic feeling comes from, it's like I've been here before, years ago... An infinite immensity of darkness and small points of light, a starry sky. It's a very beautiful sky, to be honest. I look everywhere and I can only see a clear land on the ground, a soft and whitish land. There are lots of mounds of white dirt around here, but no signs of life. I stand up and bring my attention to my body, noting that I am completely naked. I swallow dry and quickly cover my breasts and the middle of my legs, looking around me again, to make sure I really am alone and, once again, I see nothing but the endless mounds of white earth. Unconcerned, I stop hiding and start walking aimlessly. It's an unknown place, but for some reason, it leaves me anesthetized from all my internal pains, I can barely remember why I ended up here.

I run my hand lightly over my thigh and see a hideous scar, remembering how she had stopped there and letting out a long sigh, but not caring as much as I should. The more I walk, the more distant I feel from my own thoughts, dreams, memories... Everything seems to distance itself from me little by little. I feel like I've been trapped here for millennia, but nothing about me has changed physically, everything remains the same.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps. Long, slow steps. I turn around and see a familiar figure, but I can't remember who it was. It's a man, a very young man. I can't recognize him, but I can see that his hair is long and brown, as well as his body is slightly tanned, with tanned skin. He's standing still, just staring at me, while I do the same. Spontaneously, I walk again, but this time, towards that man with long hair. As I approach him, I feel as if my body is getting lighter and my mind is getting empty, as if I'm about to pass out, however, I fight this feeling and accelerate my steps, starting to run towards him.

- Mavie. – when I was about to reach him, a child's voice calls for me.

I turn around, then I see a girl. Her hair was blonde and went halfway down her back, she wore a platter and a long white dress, with a red apron, but in a worn tone. Her eyes were covered by her bangs and I had only a small glimpse of what her face might look like. She starts walking towards me and, when she stopped in front of me, she touched my belly and I felt a slight discomfort in that region, but I ignored it and faced her.

- We'll meet again. – she said, then everything went dark and I didn't see anything, nor felt anything, I just let myself drown in that endless darkness.