𝟕𝟖. 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍.

Mavie Jaeger.

At the end of last year, I received a formidable proposal that I couldn't refuse, but which left me very thoughtful about accepting it or continuing to maintain my neutrality between the Military Police and the Exploration Troop. Honestly, this dispute between both divisions always existed, but it became more serious when Queen Historia took over the governmental power from the walls and started to govern the people, although not directly, but through the bourgeois elite. Although we were best friends a few years ago and I admired her greatly at that time, there are certain issues I disagree with regarding the majesty and her way of governing. I confess that I haven't seen many changes since she took the throne, after all, as I mentioned, she doesn't rule alone and still depends on those who have more financial resources. The Queen is generous and kind to her people, but that alone is not enough to be an effective ruler. It is necessary for her to possess the ability to oppose without pressure from the army in order to make important decisions.

Anyway, I can't blame her for her lack of preparation or force her to act in a way that is not natural for her, because I myself wouldn't know how I would act in her place. Unlike her late brothers, the majesty did not receive the proper education to be queen and govern an entire nation alone, which is why she remains dependent on both the bourgeoisie and the Exploration Troop, Military Police and Garrison. Sometimes, when we have meetings with the Queen, I see the distress in her eyes and the confusion in her mind when propositions and questions are presented, which she hardly knows how to answer. More often than not, your highness allows her spokespersons to speak for her, and in the end, the decisions are not hers but those of third parties to whom she has granted permission. I don't consider her useless or foolish, as some of the population describes her, but I must admit that, if things continue as they are, she could face a blow from her own people.

A few months ago, some Reconnaissance soldiers went to Marley, where a hearing was to take place on the fate of Paradis in relation to the other neighboring nations, allies and enemies of Marley. From what has been reported to me, both the Marleyans and the other countries are unwilling to give us a chance to come together as a neutral people in this ongoing war. They decided to see us as "bad-blooded demons who pose a danger to humanity". The fear that people have of the Earth's Roar is irrational, even though we have already proven that we are not a threat, as to this day we have not retaliated against Marley after the invasion we suffered nine years ago, which caused us so much damage and loss. On the other hand, we are preparing to invade Marley and rescue Eren and Zeke to bring them back to Paradis. My twin brother fled there a few months ago, while the eldest has always lived in this country and is secretly acting against his own nation.

When I learned that Eren had fled to Marley and assumed the identity of a Marleyan soldier, I felt intense indignation at his recklessness, endangering not only us, but his own life as well. After all, what fate would await him if one of the warriors recognized him and denounced him as Eren Jaeger? All our plans would be ruined, and we would risk facing a new invasion, this time coming from all enemy nations simultaneously, resulting in even greater loss and damage. It would be a real catastrophe. Eren is the target of our enemies, he is the one they want to capture, as he has the power of the Founding Titan, and even aware of it, he persists in exposing himself to danger. His thirst for revenge always speaks louder than his own safety and responsibility. It upsets me and at the same time worries me. After all, Eren is my brother and I am concerned for his well-being, after all, he is my only family.

Two months after my brother's disappearance was reported, I was approached by the commander of the Military Police, Nile Dawk, at my current residence. He proposed to me the idea of infiltrating Marley, enlisting the assistance of Yelena, who would provide shelter and a job that would allow me to interact with both Marleyan civilians and military personnel. I was initially hesitant about this proposal, but as I pondered Nile's arguments, I began to seriously consider the best decision to make. It's undeniable that Scouts always get first-hand information, always staying ahead of the rest of us. While we members of the Military Police waited several days until we received a detailed report on the events. In short, Commander Nile urged me to infiltrate Marley both to gather intelligence for our own division and to monitor Eren. After all, we are aware of your tendency to be reckless and act impulsively. My presence close to him is essential to prevent him from making mistakes that could compromise our cause.