𝟖𝟔. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐙𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅.

It was about to dawn and Mavie had managed to loot around three houses of Marleyan aristocrats, stealing their riches, their elegant clothes, and would exchange everything for new goods in Paradis. This way, she could stop working for the Military Police and enjoy a peaceful life alongside Hunter and Floch. All the money they would have would be enough to provide them with years of leisure and peace, without the need to worry about their livelihood. A malicious smile formed on her lips the moment she noticed the chaos that was being caused in the center, with people screaming desperately, both for the fire in their old residence and for the blood spread in the office where she worked, and for the houses that had been destroyed. stolen during the early hours of the morning. Jaeger felt victorious seeing the people of that nation in shock and scared by so many tragedies. It wouldn't be long before they joined the dots and discovered that the charred body was not hers, and that she was an infiltrator from Paradis. This would cause even more panic in those people. And there was only one day left before the declaration of war that would be made by Willy Tybur.

Mavie ran with all her speed towards the port, where she planned to steal a boat and take a sailor hostage to take her back to Paradis. Then she would kill him to hide her identity. His heart raced as he got closer and closer to his destination, imagining what it would be like to be home again, next to his son and his boyfriend. These would be the only companions in his life for some time, after the deaths of his brothers, Zeke and Eren. The woman tried not to think that she would lose them soon, but it was difficult. It was complicated and distressing to remember that I would never see them again, especially Eren, who was closer than Zeke. After all, she had only met the blonde a few days ago, while her twin, she had known him since birth. Because they were twins, Mavie felt that, in a way, despite everything, her bond with the green-eyed Jaeger had always been stronger.

As she passed in front of an alley, the black-haired woman felt her arm being pulled so hard that she didn't even have the balance to stay upright and was quickly placed against the wall, dropping the bag she was carrying with her. Frustrated with that approach, she was about to prepare for a fight. However, he recovered the moment his eyes met Jean Kirstein's. Confused and scared by the appearance of her colleague, an embarrassing smile took over her face. She didn't know how to react to being approached like that by him, also surprised to see him there, when he was supposed to be in Paradis and only appear in Marley the next day, during the night.

Jean released her and walked away from her, walking to the entrance of the alley and making sure there was no one else there besides them. Luckily for them, they were alone. Initially, the brownish man looked at her from behind, over her shoulder, with a serious expression that showed a little frustration. However, upon noticing small bruises on the woman and a little blood dripping from one of her nostrils, as well as how tired she appeared to be, Kirstein just dropped her expression and looked at her with a mix of sadness, concern and relief. Sad to see her in that condition, worried to know everything she had gone through during that intense morning, and relieved that, at least, she had remained alive after so many things she had faced and for having risked her life in that way. reckless. In the end, Jean still cared about Mavie and wanted to see her well, even though his relationship with her cooled down after the brunette left the Exploration Troop and joined the Military Police.

- What happened that made you have to simulate your own death again? Did anyone discover it? – Kirstein asked her, who just took a deep breath and let it out through her nose.

- Reiner discovered me. He came to my house, but I managed to lose him before it was too late.

- Reiner? How? What happened? – he widened his eyes, as he knew how difficult it was for her to deal with any issue involving the blonde.

- I was careless, that's all. – Mavie answered him dryly and directly, she didn’t want to prolong the topic any further.

- Did he do this to you? – Jean asked, referring to her injuries.