𝟑𝟎. 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄.

As expected, Armin's plan to retake HQ and resupply his three-dimensional maneuvering equipment had been a success and everyone was able to fill their DMT's with the gas stored in that environment. However, they still had to deal with the fifty-foot titans that prowled the barracks outside in order to climb the walls and save themselves for good. Mavie remained shaken by Eren's death, however, she couldn't lose her mind and let herself be carried away by sadness, she needed to stay firm and strong to keep alive the memory and ideals that her brother fought so hard for and believed until the end of your life.

Now, it was Mavie who wanted to pursue dreams of the boy with the green eyes and end the titans, she would do it not only for him, but for her mother and the friends she had lost that tragic day in Trost.

Seeing her so serious was sudden to Reiner, although he was used to seeing her not smiling but with a sad face and head down. Her hair pulled back in a clumsy ponytail and her straight posture gave her an amazing look, yet she was still the prettiest of them all, in his eyes. It was new to see Mavie so serious and determined about something, however, Reiner felt bad knowing that she had only stayed that way to try to contain the sadness that had been caused to her by the death of Eren Jaeger, her twin brother.

The moment they managed to get out of the HQ, Mikasa climbed to the roof of it, having some specific looks attracting her and soon Mavie and Armin went to meet her, with one of her colleagues going after the two young people to know what had been the why Ackerman was so perplexed. Arriving there, they saw something that also shocked them: the titan, which had earlier helped them get there, was being devoured by others and soon that cannibalism would result in its death.

- Can't he regenerate? – Armin looked anxiously at that scene, while his colleagues approached him.

- For me, unraveling the mystery of the titans can show us a way out of this desperate situation. – Mikasa said, getting ready to go up to the other titans and save what was being devoured.

- If we don't save him, we won't find anything... We need to help him. – Jaeger whispered and before she could take another step, she was caught by the arm.

- Did Eren's suicidal spirit possess you or something? We don't know if this really titan is reliable! – Jean scolded her, receiving a disapproving look from her.

- But they're right, Jean. If we let them kill him, we won't have a chance to study him or attempt any kind of communication with him... We'll kill those around him to keep him alive. – now, it was Reiner who spoke, leaving the brown haired boy even more frustrated.

- Are you crazy, Reiner? It's our chance to get out of here!

- What if that titan ends up becoming an ally? Wouldn't he be a better weapon than any cannon? – Leonhart suggested, staring at Jean from the corner.

- Ally? Are you serious? – the boy was astonished at that suggestion made by the blonde, but deep down, he knew that it could, in fact, be a possibility.

The discussion among the small group of youngsters was stopped as they heard a roar coming from that titan that had been the reason for that fight. Their eyes widened as they saw him lunge at the titan that had eaten Thomas Wagner, breaking free from the others and going straight with his mouth on the back of the other's neck, biting it off and throwing his body away.

After the attack, he collapsed, completely exhausted. Jean rolled his eyes and came to the conclusion that he was going to die, so he called his friends to get out of there once and for all, after all, he was also tired of fighting for his survival, he just wanted to go home and rest, and the next day, leave for Sina, where he would serve in the Military Police and never have to worry about the threat of the titans again. However, shortly after the large amount of smoke stopped blurring their visions, something unprecedented was revealed to them: Eren was alive and coming out of the back of the titan's neck that had previously "saved" them.

As soon as she saw him, there, totally safe and sound, Mavie ignored everyone around her, even some of the titans who were still standing close to where they had stood to watch the titan fight, and set off to meet her brother, feeling his my entire body shivered as I ran towards him. When she was close enough to the unconscious boy, Mavie whispered his name and climbed up the crumbling titan's body beneath her twin. She stopped in front of Eren and stared at him, not knowing what expression to make or what to say, this was all something new for her and it had never crossed her mind that she would meet her twin again soon after receiving the news that the same had been killed.

- My brother... – she brought her hand closer to his chest, being able to feel the boy's heart beating slowly.

- Eren! – Mikasa and Armin arrived there, stopping right on top of the titan's body.

Mavie went to her brother's back and knelt behind him, hugging him from behind, running her hands under his arms and grabbing the brunette's torso. Eren's head fell back, laying on the shoulder of the girl who was clinging to him, and it was from this moment on that Mavie couldn't contain her tears anymore and ended up in tears, hugging her twin's fainted body tightly. Mikasa and Armin were also crying, both of them were as perplexed as Mavie, but happy to have had the chance to meet Eren again, even though his condition was not the best at that moment. The Asian woman covered her face with her trembling palms and emptied all her sadness, while Arlert just put her hands under her chest and cried, staring into the Jaeger's exhausted face.

Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie watched in shock, they had finally managed to find something that really interested them on that damn island. As soon as Jean left them to meet Eren with the other trio, they had some time alone to talk and discuss what their next steps would be.

- The Attack Titan was here all this time, right under our noses... – Leonhart said, in a tone of irony.

- Eren has been injured several times in training, how did he not transform involuntarily? – Bertholdt asked, startled by all that.

- I have no idea, but we will forget about the plan to recover the Founder... Now, our focus will be to capture Eren and take him to Marley. – Reiner said, with a serious expression on his face.

- Are you taking one of your friends to Marley, Reiner? So the place where he is most unwanted? That's what it's like to be a big brother. – Annie mocked the taller blonde, letting out a short muffled laugh.

- What are you trying to insinuate, you cretin?

- Annie, Reiner, this is not the time for you two to start arguing! Enough! – Hoover scolded them, separating them.

Braun clenched his fists tightly, staring at the blue-eyed girl full of hatred, he hated when Annie touched his wounds caused by the guilt of being there, something she loved to do in moments alone with him. Bertholdt, on the other hand, did what he could to keep them away to avoid confusion between them, however, it was impossible, considering that they would always need to get together to talk about their plans.

- I've already made up my mind. – Reiner announced, touching his dark-haired friend's shoulder.

- And what did you decide?

- You go to the Military Police, while Bertolt and I will join the Survey Corps.

- What? Why? – the taller boy asked, taking a few steps back.

- Annie will continue to follow behind the royal family and the Founding Titan, but the two of us will watch Eren's steps and as soon as we have the opportunity... We will catch him. – Braun told the plan he had made, smiling devilishly at the two companions.

- You know that doing this will hurt your girlfriend, don't you? Poor thing, she suffers too much and you're still going to stab the poor thing. – Annie spoke in a mocking tone, without any expression.

- Girlfriend? Are you talking about Mavie? Please do you think I really have feelings for that girl? She's like the others, she's just a demon, the only difference is that she's too naive.