𝟐𝟎. 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒.

Mavie Jaeger.

I can't remember the last time I felt so safe in someone's arms... In fact, I think it was when I saw my father that day, hours before we were attacked by the titans. Now I feel safe again, but with someone else: Reiner. I can't think of anything that made him start to have loving feelings for me, I never did anything that made him feel that way about me, I was always a reserved, shy and even isolated girl, I didn't give him reasons to notice me, I mean... I did, but they weren't reasons that made Reiner feel attracted and want to get closer.

Like, he just said he loves me and I can't stop smiling as I stare him straight in the eye, however, I wonder if he's being sincere in what he said... Something tells me I shouldn't trust his words, I think it is some defense mechanism that I developed over time, but I prefer to ignore it all.

It's been years since I've been deprived of any kind of relationship, whether loving or not, I'm so afraid of losing the people I love, that I end up keeping myself away from everything and everyone because of the traumas I acquired in my life, after having lost my parents and almost being estranged from my brothers and Armin. I think my overprotective personality with Eren comes from the fear I have of losing him, which is bigger than any feelings I have...

Sometimes I feel like I have a great emotional dependence on Eren, after all, he is the only one I have left in our family and as much as this is a little selfish of me, I care about him more than anyone else, even more than myself.

I've complained so many times to Mikasa, for always being on our feet and wanting to do everything for both of us, that now, I'm worse than her... How ironic, isn't it? The traumas that I have been carrying with me are so heavy that I feel obliged to do everything possible and the impossible to try to prevent Eren, Armin and Mikasa from having the same problems I've been having since that time: lack of sleep, anxiety attacks , self-esteem issues, constant nightmares and problems with my eating, all of this has made me feel really bad in the head and prevented me from developing properly, so much so that my body is not... Defined like other girls my age, let's say so.

- You are so beautiful, I could spend hours sitting and looking at your face. – Reiner said, bringing me back to the real world.

- Do you think I'm beautiful? – I asked, still keeping eye contact with him.

- As beautiful as a shooting star. – the blonde replied, placing a quick peck on my lips.

- I've never received a compliment like that, not even from my parents or brother, even they must consider me "ugly".

- But it's not, you're beautiful. – this time, he used a serious tone to talk to me and frowned, he even looked angry.

- If you think so, I'm happy...

- Don't you think you're beautiful? – Reiner asked, changing his angry expression to one of concern.

- So-so. I even think I'm a little cute and nice looking, but I can't compare myself to the other girls in our battalion. – I was as honest as I could, I don't want to keep keeping so many regrets for myself or I'll end up being consumed by them.

Reiner smirked at me, then brought his hands up to my face and caressed my cheeks with his thumbs, making me blush at his attitude that isn't so sudden anymore. His golden eyes never stop staring into mine, always being very attentive to them, as if they were the most precious thing he'd ever seen in his life. I might look a little emotional to think about it, but that's what it does every time I catch their gazes on me.

- You're perfect. – having said that, Braun let our mouths meet again.

I never know how to react when Reiner approaches like this, leaving me so stunned by his shy touches on my body. His big, heavy hands always grip my waist in a way that makes me feel like I'm going to explode with all the countless emotions I have at the same time. Passion, desire, security… It's all the good emotions Reiner makes me feel when we're this close. Our tongues intertwine and Reiner presses me back against the wall, making me gasp between the kiss, while I place my hands on his chest, feeling the minimal heat of his body through the coat he wears. Slowly, he bites my lips and opens his eyes, looking once more into mine, which are slightly open and staring into his.

Once again, he smiled, going back to kissing me again. A heat takes over my body and something different happens to me, I feel a strangely good sensation in my intimacy and I have the impression that Reiner feels the same way, as he ended up closing his legs, which were a little open before. Timidly, he lowers one of his hands from my face and down my neck, sliding down to my collarbone and finally down to my thigh. I felt him squeeze her lightly, giving me a little fright that made me jump, which Reiner took advantage of to sit me on his lap, pushing our mouths away from each other.

- You look even prettier when you're embarrassed. – he murmured, smiling at me.

- You don't look embarrassed...

- Before I was ashamed because I didn't know what you felt for me, but after all that, I know that my feelings for you are reciprocal.

- How arrogant. – I said in a joking tone, giving a nasal giggle.

- I'm not arrogant, you who don't know how to disguise it every time you look at me from afar.

- How... How...? Did you... had you noticed...? – my face was already red, now I feel like I'm turning into a pepper.

- No need to be ashamed of it, I always thought it was cute... No girl notices me, they think I'm too rough. – Reiner seemed quite uncomfortable with the subject, averting his gaze from mine.

- Actually, they notice... Most of them. Everyone says you're... Err... "Yummy"... – I stammered, a little embarrassed by my own speech.

- Do you agree with them?

- I... Well... Maybe...

- What a pervert. – this time, it was the blonde who used a playful tone to talk to me.

Despite the kisses and touches we've shared, I still feel pretty shy about Reiner and the other things that could happen in the future. I enjoy being with him and I hope that everything goes well between the two of us, even if I'm a little crazy about it all... I don't know if what I feel for Reiner is love or passion, however, it doesn't really matter what. whether that feeling, whether it's true or just carnal desires, I want to enjoy everything as much as I can.