𝟑𝟓. 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃.

Mavie was curled up in her sheet, like a butterfly in its cocoon. Since lying down, she couldn't stop thinking about her twin brother, Eren Jaeger. Everything in her life had changed dramatically, literally overnight, for the second time in five years. His chest tightened tightly as he imagined how many things his father could have avoided if he had turned over his valuable information to the government instead of handing the blessed cellar key into his son's hand and simply disappearing shortly afterwards. Mavie felt distressed by all this, what would become of her? What about Eren? Mikasa? Armin? Of all the people of the walls? Everything would depend on the secrets hidden in the basement of his house, and that caused him a certain discomfort. The truth about the world was always so close to her, why had she never suspected it? She was too frustrated.

How would Eren be feeling being so far away from his friends? It was unusual for him to be so far away from Mavie for so long and despite the constant arguments between the two of them, they were each other's only family, being kept apart was just too painful. Mavie was looking forward to seeing him again, was he being treated well and eating well? Eren used to be a stubborn kid and could be an easy target for another well-timed beating by Captain Levi Ackerman, the thought of that possibility made Jaeger chuckle nervously.

As tight as she was wrapped in the blanket, she could still feel the cool night breeze drifting into the small room she was in, letting out a short, hot sigh from the bottom of her lungs, wishing Reiner were there to warm her, comparing her current situation with the first night they shared together, when she found herself lost in the middle of a snowstorm.

A shy smile formed on his lips as he remembered that night when everything seemed to have come to an end, but that he had arrived to save her, just as he had done in Trost and the day before the walls were attacked again.

But Mavie wondered if Braun would always show up on time or would he slip up and be too late. That was a possibility that made her think for herself and no longer want to depend on anyone to be saved, even though she liked the feeling of security Reiner gave her every time she found herself wrapped in his strong arms and steady hands.

It was easy to get distracted by her romantic and profane thoughts involving Reiner, it became part of her nightly routine before she managed to close her eyes and rest for only two or three hours before sunrise. However, something caught her attention, someone was knocking on her door very weakly and the sound was almost inaudible, it left her confused, who would dare to walk alone at night in an unknown place? It was probably Mikasa, she thought, the Asian would definitely want to know more about what happened to her during the days she was in prison, she would also take that opportunity to talk to her step sister about Jean and try to get more information about how it all happened between them. both.

Mavie muttered an "I'm on my way" and got up from her bed, still wrapped in her sheet, and walked carefully to the door, taking great care not to trip on the short ride to her. A loud yawn left her mouth and the girl opened the door, facing Reiner instead of Mikasa, which was who she was expecting at that moment. An expression of confusion took over her face and an awkward smile formed as well, with her looking him from head to toe, then giving way for him to enter the room where he would sleep for that month.

As soon as Reiner passed her, Jaeger immediately closed and locked the door behind her, turning to greet the older boy, imagining that he was going to spend the night there, along with her.

However, before Mavie had time to open her mouth to speak a single sentence, the brunette was surprised by Braun dropping to his knees in front of her, hugging her legs and hiding his face in her abdomen. The girl didn't understand her behavior and tried to use her hands to lift the face of the blonde kneeling in front of her, but it was no use, Reiner was paralyzed in that position while shaking all over, denouncing his crying. Mavie's eyes widened at him, she was confused and realized she couldn't talk to the bigger one right now, not when he was just about to cry below him.