𝟎𝟕. 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒.

"What are you doing, Eren Jaeger!? Even your sister did better than that!"

Shaken Eren, it wasn't possible that he couldn't do something as simple as balancing himself ingeniously. More boy, who just tried to come out well. In the late afternoon, Jaeger brothers met with Mikasa Armin at the training ground so that Eren, once again, tried to balance himself with the same device, but he couldn't and still a bruise on his forehead when he fell headlong to the ground.

During dinner, everyone talked about what had happened, saying how useless and worthless he was about the way he bragged that he would finish them all, at least the titans would pass in a simple comment. However, Eren would keep trying and wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted, and that didn't please Mavie, much like Mikasa, who had a platonic love for the young man.

- You shouldn't go after it anymore. – Ackerman said, bringing the trio's attention to her.

- What!?

- I'm saying you shouldn't be a soldier anymore. Sacrificing your life is not the only way to fight. – she added, with the same expression of disinterest as always.

- Look here! I saw everything that happened that day! Do you think you'll convince me like this? – Eren questioned, outraged by the girl's speech.

- But your determination doesn't matter.

- Because!?

- Because it's not you who decides if you'll be a soldier or not... I'm not telling you to go back to the fields alone. Do not worry. When the time comes, I'll go along... – Mikasa said those words as if it were a declaration of her love, but when she turned her face, she noticed that Eren was no longer there.

Mavie had stayed there just to listen to what her stepsister had to say and was annoyed at the way Eren had simply ignored her and walked away, leaving her talking to herself, but not necessarily, as she was still there and, too, the famous potato girl, who ended up asking for Mikasa's bread, which she annoyed and ate.

- Eren is a thick one. Mavie muttered, clenching her fists tightly.

The brunette knew about her brother's feelings towards Armin, however, that was no reason for him to despise Mikasa as he always did, ranging from ignoring her and treating her with rudeness, so she was the one who cared so much and took such good care of her. his.

- I'll talk to Eren. – Mavie announced, leaving the cafeteria and heading towards the boys' dormitory.

The girl walked with long and silent steps, she was afraid that some superior would see her there, however, she didn't want to leave it to talk to her brother only the other day, when she didn't even know if Eren would have the balls to talk about Mikasa and ask him to he would admit his feelings to her, because only in this way the Asian could give up what she felt and move on to another instead of feeding false expectations.

[...]

Arriving at the boys' dormitory, Mavie noticed that Eren was not there and asked about her brother's absence to one of her classmates, who said that the boy had left with three other friends, Reiner, Bertholdt and Armin. When she heard those names, she was confused, after all, of those three, only Armin was known to her, the other two she didn't even know who they were. "What the hell, I'll go after him, so I'll talk to both of them at once", she thought to herself, saying goodbye to her colleagues and leaving the dormitory.

Again, the Jaeger strode towards the forest, imagining that Eren and his friends had gone to the same place. As she walked, Mavie felt the cool night breeze touch her body and make every hair stand on end, cursing herself for not having grabbed her cloak to keep her warm along the way. Her thoughts were, for the first time, giving her some peace, serving her only as comfort that night, Mavie wished it would happen more often, but knew it would be rare that it could happen again, so she took advantage of that peace of mind.