𝟗𝟎. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓.

After simulating the death of her older brother, Zeke Jaeger, wielder of the Beast Titan and known as "The Boy Wonder", Mavie began a merciless massacre against the Marleyan military she encountered, bathing in their blood and feeding her thirst for revenge. against Marley. The people of Marley have always believed that there were demons in Paradis, and upon witnessing the carnage carried out by Mavie and recording her face in their memory, they were certain of the presence of these evil entities. His gaze was cold, unflappable, and intimidating, as if another person inhabited his body during his personal genocide. She ignored the cries for forgiveness, pleas and tears begging for mercy. After all, why give them a chance to live when she herself didn't have that opportunity? Mavie knew that her actions would have consequences in the future, whether positive or negative.

With her uniform and face stained by the blood of her enemies, the dark-haired young woman decided to interrupt the attacks, landing on a roof close to where Eren was, who immediately began an attack against the Jaw Titan that tried to bring down the airship. Mavie watched everything with an impassive expression, holding her swords tightly, aware of what would happen when the Attack Titan grabbed Galliard and threw the crystal capsule into his mouth. It was a dark scene, but necessary to achieve victory. And then, it finally happened as expected: the crystal cracked and Lara Tybur's blood was ingested by her twin brother, granting him her powers.

"REINER! HELP!"

A sharp scream echoed throughout the room. Once, twice, three, several times. His gaze was fixed for a moment, as fragments of memories from the past ran through his mind. Mavie turned to observe Reiner's body, or rather, the Armored Titan's hands closed like a shell, keeping the man hidden inside, silent... almost as if it were his tomb. "Don't you dare", she thought to herself, as Gabi and Falco's desperate screams became increasingly louder and more terrified, revealing the horror they were witnessing and the trauma they would have to face for the rest of their lives. His body froze when he recognized Grice's voice, aware of the danger he faced there. It also hurt in his chest to remember the boy's terrified expression when he discovered his true identity as an Eldian woman from the walls.

Suddenly, a new yellowish ray, accompanied by a thunderous sound of thunder, surprised everyone, including Mavie, who promptly wielded her thunder spears and turned her gaze towards the direction of that threatening noise. The Armored Titan had finally risen and emerged into the midst of the battle, leaving the two women, Ackerman and Jaeger, dumbfounded as they witnessed its charge towards Eren. The black-haired woman assumed an all-out attack stance, setting aside her feelings. "This is absurd!", "This love will only lead to my ruin!", "He doesn't deserve anything from me!", she thought, ready to move forward. However, Mikasa firmly held her arm, preventing her from continuing, aware that, no matter how determined she was, Mavie would not be a match for Reiner in the condition she found herself in: exhausted, injured and low on gas.

She gave the Asian woman an irritated look, but her irritation was fleeting. Both were surprised again when the Armored Titan attacked the Attack Titan to disarm it from the Jaw, resulting in a sudden fall, with the smaller Titan being held tightly by its hair. Mavie frowned and gritted her teeth when faced with that scene which, for someone familiar with Braun's strength, was disgusting and humiliating. The blonde lay on the floor covered in rubble, his Titan in an almost incomplete transformation and deformed appearance, apparently unconscious, but still holding Galliard tightly, preventing anyone from removing him.

Eren, in turn, completely detached himself from the back of his Titan's head and stood up, facing his former companion with a cold and imperturbable gaze. Mavie and Mikasa approached the green-eyed brunette, positioning themselves next to him and directing their gazes at the Armored Titan, who was staring at them with his flaming golden eyes, filled with hatred and anguish at the sight of that trio that he knew so well. Eren Jaeger, the one he dared to call his "best friend"; Mikasa Ackerman, a soldier he admired for her skills; and, finally, Mavie Jaeger, the woman whose life he ruined to the point where he could no longer face her. There was also Armin, Jean, Connie, Sasha... everyone else. All those who were once more than friends, were companions, family and support. And what he does? Betrayed them.