𝟔𝟎. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋.

Besides Annie, there was a second girl among Marley's warriors: Pieck Finger, the one who had inherited the powers of the Cart Titan. Like Leonhart, Pieck was quieter and quieter, but that didn't make her introverted either, quite the contrary, she was very extroverted. With fair skin, gray eyes and slightly long black hair, Pieck was successful among boys her age, however, she didn't give a damn about them, as she was more busy serving the Marleyan government and fighting for a nation that only used her. as a weapon. She was a nice and intelligent young woman, a warrior with a lot of potential, her great intellect was what made her stand out among the other competitors of Cart, however, it was Finger who managed to conquer the titan.

Reiner has always silently admired Pieck, thought she was a great candidate for a warrior and was often inspired by her colleague when it came to taking serious action. However, after the young man went to Paradis, the two never had contact, they only interacted with each other again when Reiner returned to Marley with Bertholdt and Zeke. Initially, the two only talked about work matters and Eren, nothing more, although she noticed that her golden-eyed colleague seemed hesitant in certain matters, such as, for example, that sister that the Jaeger had. According to Bertholdt, the young woman's name was Mavie and she wasn't that relevant or some kind of threat and that, somehow, made Reiner uneasy whenever they involved Mavie in the plans.

One night, three months after the warriors' return, the young people finally had a free night to rest, even though they still couldn't see their families. Bertolt opted to stay quiet in his dorm to get his thoughts in order, while Zeke decided to go out with some army buddies for a drink and Reiner decided to head down to the coast to relax a bit. Braun was never a big fan of beaches, even though he enjoyed watching the sea, he still went there just to reflect and think about his peaceful life as a warrior, which would not last that long, after all, the curse of the titans robs him of years of his life. , leaving him to live for only 13 and Reiner only had 8 more years to "enjoy". He felt exhausted, he just hoped that the years would pass soon and that curse would kill him at once, because he believed that dying was better than leading a lonely life, without love and without company.

Thinking about these things, his eyes got teary and Reiner fought for a while against the urge to cry, but it was difficult and he ended up giving in to a silent and breathless cry. He had done the math a few days ago and had come to the conclusion that Mavie was probably already six months pregnant, and he wondered how she was coping with all of this on her own, how everyone was coping with it, and whether they treated her well for being here. pregnant with someone like him. Deep down, the blonde knew that they would never mistreat or judge her for that, but it would be equally difficult to know that, in her womb, the son of a murderer who had taken the lives of many people since the moment he that arrived at the walls of Paradis was being spawned. How much anguish, God. Reiner was so anguished and regretful of everything that he wanted to blow his head with a bullet, but what good would that do? Even if he didn't want to, his body would regenerate and it would just cost him a fucking headache.

For a moment, he remembered Christa, and he thought, if she had come with us, Ymir would be here and would make me angry with her teasing, and his chest instantly ached. The little blonde girl's future was totally uncertain if she was with them in Marley, but at least Ymir would be alive and having a reasonably quiet life. How could she have abandoned Christa for love? That looked so stupid! If she loved her then why didn't she stay? The freckled brunette never had any obligation to go, she could even have run away if she wanted to, considering how agile the Jaw Titan could be. "Ymir was an idiot woman who carried a great name with her, that's all", he said to himself, stepping closer to the sea water and feeling the waves come to him, wetting his feet.

- Still thinking about that woman from the island, Reiner? Honestly, I always thought you cut it the other way. – Pieck appeared suddenly, humming some song.