𝟒𝟒. 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓, 𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆.

Dressed in her uniform and her gear strapped all over her body, Mavie was standing in front of the mirror. The uniform fit her well, the cape especially, it was pretty and the green color made her brown eyes stand out, she felt good about her appearance for the first time. As she watched herself, she remembered a comment her brother had made months ago, about her cutting her hair or tying it in a way that wouldn't get in the way of exercising her movements on the battlefield, but she didn't want to cut it. them, after all, was one of the few memories she had of her mother, who loved them and always made a point of praising how beautiful her hair was, so she thought it would be better to just tie it up instead of cutting it.

Mavie took a deep breath and turned on her heel, getting a little start when she saw Ymir lying on Reiner's bed, who was no longer there. With a frown, she stared at her friend who was dozing on the blonde's bed, but just like her, the freckled girl was also dressed in her uniform and equipped with the DMT, they could both leave and go get their horses, in the stable.

- Didn't you sleep well that night? – Jaeger brought her lips closer to the other girl's ear, who woke up instantly.

- Too good...

- It does not seem.

- I wanted to talk to you, but we need to go somewhere else, I don't want anyone to hear us. – Ymir said, getting up from the bed and looking at the lower one with a worried face.

- Let's go to the stable, we'll talk there.

As they walked, Mavie noticed a strange behavior in her friend, Ymir didn't look like the same person and was walking around suspiciously, looking all around and making sure no one approached them. That wasn't the usual Ymir, who always caught people's attention with her acid humor and mocking laugh, she looked like a different person. The black-haired girl was worried about the freckled brunette, a thousand bad things were going through her head, the worry generated countless negative thoughts about the conversation they would have, and Mavie just hoped it was another one of Ymir's love advice about her relationship with Reiner, after all, the eldest was always around to tug her ear and give her a lecture when they both disappeared without saying a word or when Braun left visible marks on her body.

For Jaeger, Ymir was like an older sister she never had, an older sister who was there to advise her when she needed it, stopping her from doing silly things or helping her when she got ready. Of course, Mikasa was there and she was like a sister too, however, it wasn't the same after all. Mavie loved them both equally, but deep down, she felt that Ymir was still a little more important than Ackerman, she just hadn't mentioned it to anyone, not even her best friend.

[...]

Arriving at the stables, the two young women went straight to get their horses. The moment the younger brunette saw her mare, a wide smile spread across her face, that animal was very cute and sweet, despite the little rebellious personality and hardly obeying the orders given by its owner, Mavie. It was a black mare with a white mane and a spot on its muzzle of the same color, with an almost star-like shape, and that's where the name came from: Nebula. The Jaeger caressed the animal's neck gently, listening to her mare neigh as she was petted there and then received an apple to eat, calming down instantly.

- And then, Ymir, what happened?

- Christa.

- Christa? What happened to her? – the smaller one asked, worried about the blonde with blue eyes.

- You're not silly, you just play dumb, but oddly enough, I'm the only one who noticed that in you. – Ymir looked at her with disdain, with his orbs fixed on hers.

- What?

- I'm not judging you, but you should stop acting like an idiot, otherwise, everyone will continue to take advantage of you, especially that blond brute.