𝟐𝟖. 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓.

Mavie Jaeger.

The moment she saw him, the Jaeger quickly took him out of that box and took him in her arms, analyzing every part of that child to make sure he didn't have any injuries and, almost, the boy was okay. Mavie felt her heart sink as the little boy hugged her tightly and buried his face in the crook of her neck, as if seeking shelter within herself, and to try to comfort him, she returned the hug he had been given.

- It's okay, I'll get you out of here… – she murmured in his ear, feeling him squeeze her tighter.

Getting out of there would not be an easy task, after all, everyone had already withdrawn from the front line and there was only her and that unknown boy left, Mavie would need to be as cautious as possible and the difficulties were countless, especially having a small child in her arms. . If she was alone, she could easily run away, however, because of that boy clinging to her lap, Mavie would have to be careful not to let him fall and hope that he didn't cry out loud again, otherwise, she would call the titans' attention and she wouldn't be able to kill more than one on her own.

Whenever I look at this boy, I see myself in him and I remember five years ago when I was saved by Giorno that, despite all the scandal I made and the rude things I said to him, he didn't give up on me and did what he could. to save me. I'll never stop being eternally grateful to him, even if I'd rather not be here, right now... However, having survived and kept me alive has given me good things after all. I had the opportunity to join the army of the walls, made friends and met Reiner who, like it or not, gave me back a little bit of my will to live. If I find Giorno again, I'll have to thank him once again for saving me... I hope to find him soon, however, I need to stay alive until the end of the evacuation and hope the Armored Titan doesn't show up, putting everything at risk. lose.

- Could you at least tell me what your name is, little one? – once again, I risked bringing up the subject with the boy, making him look at me.

- Michael...

- What a beautiful name, suits you. – I smiled broadly, trying to relieve the tension of the atmosphere.

- TITAN! – he yelled, pointing to the right side of the street we were on, where an abnormal titan was running towards us.

I didn't think twice about grabbing Michael in a hug and using the other to direct the DMT to throw me onto the roof of a nearby house. I knew I should have used my gear earlier, but I was afraid the gas would run out before we got close to the Rose Wall gates and, to my misfortune and despair, we weren't even close to reaching the main street that would take us straight to the Trost District's escape route, which made me curse myself for having such a stupid, dumb thought.

If it was just me that was in danger, fine, I could use and abuse my DMT fuel, however, I'm not alone and I need to keep Michael calm, otherwise his crying will end up drawing more titans to where we are.

I should have been more careful and considerate of the rich than I would have been by choosing to walk the entire route instead of using the three-dimensional maneuvering device... We'll both end up dying here, and I won't even have the chance to fight for our life. Maybe if I hide Michael somewhere and try to take down the titan that's chasing us, I might be able to buy us both more time and finally get him out of the district so I can return to HQ and refill my gas, and after all this, to meet my colleagues. And I hope everyone is alive and well, I don't know if I could bear the loss of another important person in my life.

Ymir, Sasha, Eren, everyone else... It would be like being stabbed very deep, although I'm sure getting stabbed would be less painful than losing those I love and cherish for their well being.