𝟑𝟑. 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔?

To enjoy their last free afternoon after a whole month to study the "takeback" plan, Mavie and her friends walked all over town, eating all they could and having fun, even Mikasa gave a few smiles as time went on, surprising some of her colleagues, who weren't used to seeing her smile. Armin told some facts about his late grandfather's forbidden book and how he really wanted to know the great river of salt water, the sea. Jean and Connie said that was impossible, Mavie and Christa were delighted with that information given by the blonde with blue eyes, asking more and more questions to the boy, who answered as much as he could. Ymir smiled to see her best friends fascinated with Armin talking about the sea, after all, she knew of its existence and would love for the two to have the chance to see him someday.

Reiner had a false expression of joy on his face, he was too worried about what could happen on the mission they would have next month, he had everything to go right, but also everything to go wrong.

Levi Ackerman was a dangerous man, as was Mikasa, as the two were part of the superhuman clan, the Ackerman Clan, and despite not being related in any way, they were both extremely strong and capable of taking down multiple titans if they were on their way. heyday He had no idea what could trigger the trigger in Levi, however, he knew that Eren was the main reason for making Mikasa fight with everything he had, which could be quite dangerous and risky considering the Asian wouldn't think so. twice before charging at the Female Titan if she proved to be any kind of threat to Eren.

Once, Mavie told the blonde about Mikasa's unrequited crush on Eren, but that the two were already okay with that, however, it wasn't a matter of feelings but the "Ackerman curse". If Eren Jaeger had been the reason Mikasa's protective instincts had awakened, nothing could change that.

In fact, Annie was a warrior trained from a very young age to fight without bothering to kill her opponent, it wouldn't be a problem for her to have to face five or ten soldiers, as her titan powers only reinforced her battle skills more and more. strength, it would be simple to defeat them, the difficult thing would be to fight Mikasa, after all, the Ackerman Clan was created to be soldiers capable of defeating an army without much effort. Reiner's concern was Annie being captured and tortured, it would be quite an uproar if everyone knew that he and Bertolt were also titans or worse, if Marley's existence was revealed to humanity from the walls.

There was also the possibility of Leonhart opting for crystallization and never being forced to say anything, however, Reiner didn't want her to do that, otherwise the blonde could never get out of her crystal, being forced to stay there forever, remaining trapped even after dying.

The weight of guilt came with everything again, none of this would be happening if Marcel wasn't dead or if Porco was the Armored instead of him, things would be going well and maybe the Founding Titan would have already been recovered and handed over to the Marleyan government . "I'm incapable of leading this mission, Marcel was a better leader," he thought, undoing the fake cheerful look on his face, something only Mavie was able to notice, but decided she'd question him only later. Reiner couldn't take the remorse eating him inside anymore, however, he couldn't stop lying to himself, remaining with the role of leader and taking care of Marcel Galliard's personality, acting as if it were his own.

Bertholdt noticed when Braun started to act as if he were Marcel, he even spoke like him and worse, the boy did that when it was just the three of them, something that did not go unnoticed by Annie, who despite not showing it, also worried about Reiner's mental state. Time passed and the warrior believed more that he really was a soldier of Paradis with the mission to protect humanity from the titans and let himself be involved with his companions from the walls, it wouldn't take long for his mind to collapse and he had a crisis of identity. In the end, not even Reiner knew who he was, warrior of Marley or soldier of Paradis? Reiner didn't know what the answer to his own question was.