𝟏𝟐. 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄.

The day was beautiful, the weather was pleasant, neither hot nor cold, it was a wonderful afternoon. That day, the young recruits were having a break after so long without rest, they could enjoy it as much as they wanted.

Eren had left with Armin and Mikasa to see the surroundings of Trost District, as they never had time to do so, meanwhile, Mavie decided to stay at the HQ, in the library of that place, as usual. She looked at all the shelves of books and after a few minutes looking for something that interested her, her eyes went straight to a book that caught her attention because of the name of its author: Grisha Jaeger.

In disbelief, Mavie took it and started to look at it with her eyes slightly teary, she never imagined that she would find something that belonged to her father or mother anywhere other than in Shingashina, the young woman didn't even know of the existence of the medical books written by his father. Thrilled by that, Mavie let a few tears fall onto the pages and, lovingly, she ran her hands over the paper, as if caressing her own father.

So many years had passed, Mavie couldn't remember her parents' faces, or their voices anymore, and it hurt her every day, not having any more memory of those who gave her life. His chest ached every time he thought about them, the good things they had lived together and the wonderful memories he had with them, yet he could never see his mother's face, nor his father's in them. That was sad. Frustrating. Horrible. dying. The more Mavie tried to remember, the more difficult this feat became. With that book in her hands, she could have a little bit of Grisha's presence with her, even if it was just the simple pages of a book on medicine.

Carefully, Mavie removed the other books from the shelf and placed them on the table next to her, eyeing them fondly. The brunette sat in the armchair that was next to the table and took the first book from the small mountain they formed, snuggled there and began to turn the pages carefully, seeing the drawings made by her father and the explanations about every little thing. little thing in the human body, including the myriad ways to heal a person with certain medicinal herbs and other remedies.

- I just wanted to know what happened to you… – she muttered, letting more tears roll down her face.

Suddenly, a small flash of memories flashed through her head, making her jump out of her chair and jump to her feet. "Stop Eren!", his father's voice passed vaguely during that quick moment. Confused, the girl looked around, noting that she was still in the HQ library, however, in a split second, she felt as if she had been taken somewhere else, a place she couldn't quite grasp what it was. A dark sky without stars or clouds, it was total darkness, the only source of light there was a kind of tree made of a glare that blinded her as soon as she looked at it.

- Eren... – Mavie said her brother's name, feeling lost in relation to what had just happened.

Jaeger didn't understand anything, her mind was full of question marks, she just wanted to understand what had happened and why she had such a vague memory of her father's voice, where he spoke in a weak and terrified tone with something. Mavie went back to looking at that book that, because of the fright, ended up falling on the floor, noticing that it had been on a specific page, one where there was a portrait of Grisha Jaeger. This time, she couldn't contain herself any longer and let the tears fall from her eyes and wet her cheeks, so much so that even her nose started to run. Mavie didn't know what to think or what to do, the girl had spent so much time fighting her own mind to try to recover her family memories and here was a portrait of her father, without any mistakes, it was perfect.

- What a fuss was that!? – a man entered the library, the sound of the book falling to the floor and Mavie's feet hitting the floor caught his attention.

- It was me, sir. I ended up tripping and knocking a book to the floor. I'm sorry. – she justified, curtsying as soon as the instructor found her in the back of the library.