𝟐𝟕. 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄!

Mavie's eyes widened as she saw the huge hole made in the middle of the wall, soon having memories of the events of five years ago, when the titans first invaded and felt her stomach churn as she started to come back to herself, already having a notion of everything that would happen that day. Jaeger's first reaction was to scream his brother's name, even though he couldn't hear him and, on impulse, he ran towards the wall, hoping to find Eren and get him out of that situation as soon as possible, however, Christa was stopped, who took her by the arms.

- Mavie, no! – the blonde screamed, squeezing her friend's arms, who was stunned.

- But Eren...

- Fuck that brat! He and the others should be fine, let's get out of here! – Ymir ordered the two, taking their hands and pulling them away.

The same hell that had happened five years ago would repeat itself, but this time, in Trost District. More lives would be lost, the territory of humanity would decrease again and financial difficulties would return to torment the people and the government, which would find a way to get rid of most of the survivors in the same way they did with the refugees from Wall Maria. Thinking about all this made Mavie anxious, why did the Colossal have to show up so early that day, when the Survey Corps had just left on a mission? And another, how long would they have before the Dreadnaught returned as well and, like the first time, destroyed the gates that led inside Rose? They would need to be quick to evacuate as many people as possible to Sina and it would be very lucky if everyone acted according to their training.

- Christa! Faster! – Mavie said, seeing that her shorter friend wasn't running as fast as she should.

- Do me a favor, creature! – Ymir, to make things easier for himself and the other two, took the little blonde and put her on her back, running back at the same moment.

- Sorry! I am scared! – Christa replied, tears in her eyes.

- The titans are coming in! – Jaeger yelled at them, running out in front of the two, pulling the freckled brunette by the hand.

Seeing those overly expressive faces was scary, not to mention the absurd size they were, even if they weren't as tall as the Colossal, normal titans were still just as hideous and dangerous, mainly due to the fact that their only motivation was to devour beings. humans without feeling an ounce of pity for them.

People were horrified by it, they had no more hope of surviving and just let themselves be carried away by negative emotions, screaming and crying, begging for divine mercy. It was sad. Humiliating. terrifying. How long would they have to deal with such tragedies? Countless doubts appeared in their minds and, as always, there were no answers to their questions in the midst of such despair.

[...]

"You cadets have passed final training and are soldiers through and through. We expect a lot from you."

For what reason had he said that phrase to several teenagers who were lost in so much terror around them? Was it to serve as motivation? How silly. Having said that only left them feeling more pressured to do their best, running the risk of failing because of so much pressure on their minds, which should have been calm with such peace, however, it wouldn't be like that.

Mavie's hands were shaking and it was difficult to put on her equipment, the girl couldn't concentrate because of all that screaming inside the HQ. As soon as he arrived at the place where everyone was gathered, he looked for Eren and took a while to find him, panicking in the same second, however, the brunette went to his sister and hugged her tightly, thanking the young woman to be alive and well, having to separate from her to equip himself too, after all, that day would be full of chaos and it would be up to them to put everything in order. Mavie's brown eyes darted from side to side, she was disoriented and scared by everything, never in her life had she even thought that the titans would, in fact, attack the walls a second time.