𝟓𝟒. 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒.

Mavie woke up feeling her whole body throbbing in pain, to the point that a low, breathless moan left her lips. Her vision was still blurred and the young woman could barely see what was happening around her, Mavie was staggering from side to side, whispering the names of her friends and seeing two minimally familiar blurs approaching her. Suddenly, she remembered what had happened 5 hours ago: the Armored had been immobilized again by Eren and she, still believing that her words could convince Reiner, descended from the walls to climb on her beloved's titan, however, in the same In an instant, the Colossal moved from the top of the wall and grabbed Eren still in the back of his titan's neck, exploding in steam and causing small burns on some soldiers who were close to the three titans.

Her eyes filled with tears when she realized that her brother had been taken away again and, without strength, Mavie fell to her knees on the ground, but was soon supported by Mikasa and Armin, who came running towards her as soon as they noticed that the brunette had awake. Mavie cried quietly and stared at the horizon for which Eren was probably with Reiner and Bertholdt, while feeling the weight of guilt consume her completely because, in her head, her brother had just been kidnapped again because she didn't protect him as she should and she was more concerned with talking to Braun.

- We need to save him! He... He... He must be so scared... Mikasa, please, let's go... – Mavie stammered through her painful cry, her voice cracking with every sentence she spoke.

- You're not in a position to go, Mavie... You're very hurt. We all are, but you most of all. – Ackerman tried to calm her down, but it was in vain.

- Mikasa is right, Mavie... There's nothing we can do for now, we need Commander Erwin's orders, not even officer Hange can help us because her body is also very compromised by the burns caused by the steam from the Colossal. – Armin did his best not to get carried away by despair, after all, he needed to be strong at that moment.

- I'm fine, I just need to eat something! After... We can go! We need to gather the people and go after Eren! Where's my horse!? He is still alive?

- The horses are fine, including yours. Do not worry. – Mikasa answered her calmly, although her heart was also broken.

"Don't worry", how could she say that in a situation like that? It was impossible not to worry knowing that Eren was in danger at that moment and not only him, but Ymir as well. Mavie felt distressed and shaken by all that, the pain of having been betrayed by Reiner was overwhelming, how had he been able to have betrayed her that way? It was so painful to think that for years she had been madly in love with a genocidal criminal who had ended thousands of lives and caused so much damage to the lives of those who lived within the walls. Mavie felt so stupid for having believed in the love he swore to feel for her, after all, how could someone like Reiner Braun be able to have feelings as pure as love? She was completely devastated.

Why was all this happening to her? And why with her? Mavie didn't understand and tried to find answers, but nothing seemed to justify so many misfortunes in her life. First he lost his parents and his home; second, spent years being humiliated in cadet training; third, he saw his classmates killed without being able to do anything to prevent them from being devoured and destroyed by carnivorous titans with a thirst for human blood; and, finally, he saw his great love attack her life and that of her friends, as if they all meant nothing to him... including herself.

Mavie remembered all the nights of love she had with Reiner and all the times the two had fun together, just enjoying each other's company. With a sinking heart, Jaeger recalled the first time she openly declared her love for Reiner, who had her eyes filled with a sparkle never seen before. Reiner really seemed to have been happy and moved to hear that phrase coming out sweetly from Mavie's dry and reddened lips, who had so much refused to tell him that. Oh, he tricked her and hurt her. He hurt her. It hurt her in the worst possible way. That pain... It would take time to stop and the wounds would take time to heal.