𝟓𝟎. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄.

Reiner Braun.

Today is the day that Eren will be taken to the capital where he will be tried again and I believe that this time neither Captain Levi nor Commander Erwin will be able to save him from possible execution. I only know this information because I overheard Mavie talking about it with Christa, and I confess it made me a little upset, why didn't she tell her that the reason this was going to Wall Sina was because Eren would be taken to another trial?

Now, come to think of it, Mavie has been a little distant from me for a few days now, we rarely have time alone other than bedtime, she even refuses to be with me sometimes. When I try to approach her, she looks at me scared and makes up lame excuses for not having to talk to me, and I don't know what to do about it. Bertholdt said it's best if things stay as they are, so she'll suffer less when we're gone.

In part, he's right, but I just can't deal with her withdrawal and the way she avoids me during the day. I wish I didn't care and act like Bertold told me, but I can't. Mavie is the only one who can keep me with the rest of my sanity intact, I don't know what will become of me when I don't have her around to brighten my life anymore. I know I'm not the right person for Mavie and that a lot of bad things have happened to her since I arrived at Paradis, but I can't just walk away and leave everything as it is. I really love her and the only thing I want is to enjoy my last days here with her.

I retreated from our dorm and walked to the outside of the barracks, where I saw Mavie dressed in casual clothes with Jean and Mikasa, who were talking to her and they both looked worried. It was strange that, after all, Mavie should be in uniform, since she will be present at her brother's trial, so I can't understand why the common clothes. Curious, I walked towards them and as soon as they noticed my presence, I could see Mikasa's expression change drastically, with the Asian woman giving me a scary look. On the other hand, Mavie was looking at me with the same tired and worried face she always had, while Jean only showed anguish.

- Did something happen? – I asked innocently, hoping they would at least give me an acceptable answer.

- No, nothing happened… – Mavie said, lowering her head.

- Me and Mikasa are going to finish getting ready, right, Mikasa? Let's talk later! – Kirschtein looked uncomfortable with me being among them, and that's when I realized that something was really wrong.

- I still want to talk to you alone, Mavie. – Mikasa whispered, then faced me and followed Jean to the HQ.

When the two left, I felt a huge weight leave my back to the point of feeling lighter in that environment. I turned my attention back to Mavie and I could see her unease at my presence, as if she was really uncomfortable with me being there. For some reason, I started to feel weird, in a way I never felt before in her company, it felt like something was really wrong at that moment and I feel that this has to do with our relationship. I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for what was to come, then I took one of her hands and looked at her tenderly, trying to pass security with my touch and my gaze. To my surprise and unhappiness, she dodged and looked at me scared, was it me who was causing her fear? Because?

- Can we go somewhere else? I don't want to talk about it here... – his shyness was giving away the nervousness he felt, and I just wanted to understand why.

- Sure we can. Where would you like to go? – I gave her a sweet smile, she returned it.

Mavie looked around us to make sure we were alone in that moment, having her affirmation and finally managing to reassure herself. She walked into the forest that was close to where the Recon barracks were located and I just followed her in silence, keeping up with her in long strides, just like hers. My heart was pounding slowly and hard in my chest from anxiety, I could barely feel or hear the things around me, just the sounds of the light and fast footsteps of the little girl who walked in front of me, with her head down and a few strands of hair. covering most of his handsome face. I wanted to hold her and kiss her until we both ended up falling to the ground from lack of breath, then I would hug her with all my strength and make her feel safe in my arms, that's all and more anything. I... I just want Mavie to feel safe with me, at least for now.