𝟑𝟐. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄.

Three days had passed since Mavie had been officially declared a member of the Reconnaissance, but remained trapped in an underground cell. It was difficult to know what was going on outside, the girl didn't even have anyone to talk to and she had to deal with some disrespectful comments about herself from the guards who spent hours watching her. It was uncomfortable to be in that environment and going through unpleasant situations now and then, Mavie had to be watched even when she needed to go to the bathroom to take a shower, it was difficult to undress knowing that a guard could invade that small cabin if he heard any sound he judged to be suspect.

But that night, everything changed. The brunette was lying on her bed, looking at the cracked ceiling above her, when she heard footsteps coming from the stairs and the men who watched her bowed, implying that someone had arrived and a chill went through her spine, Mavie was afraid. that Hange had returned to, once again, try to get information from him.

Frightened by that possibility, she curled up on the small bed, staring with her wide eyes at the silhouette of the person that slowly lit up as the light of the lamps reached her, she could feel her entire body relax when she saw that it was Erwin Smith accompanied by two more soldiers who, like him, wore the uniform of the Survey Corps.

A little taller than Erwin, but blond just like him, with a more tanned body, a thin mustache and straight hair parted in the middle, a small nose and a look as serious as his commander's, that was probably Miche Zacharius. The other, she couldn't identify, however, for some reason, she found that man quite familiar. He was not as burly as the other two men, he had a short beard and a little gray, he had hair in a very dark tone, but some white strands faintly visible amid the black hair. Mavie stared at them from afar, as she tried to remember who the man was that had so caught her attention, however, she couldn't remember where she knew him from.

- How are you feeling? – Erwin questioned the youngest, approaching her cell to open it.

- Very good. – her answer had come out dry, she was still quite stunned by what the commander had said about herself.

- Your brother has been taken to the former Reconnaissance Headquarters, he is being taken care of by Levi and his subordinates. These last few days have been quite hectic, I imagine you are missing the calm of the countryside. – as soon as he opened the cell bars, he walked over to her, extending his hand to help her up from the bed.

- No, I'm not...

- I understand. - Erwin turned a little and looked at the two guards who remained there, giving them a signal to leave and so, they did.

Mavie turned her gaze to the dark haired man who was also staring at her and it scared her. She didn't know anyone, she only knew their names and who they were, like everyone who lived on the walls, there wasn't a single person who didn't know who they were and what their deeds had been, however, there was still that other man more thin, so familiar she could have sworn she'd seen him before, but couldn't remember where or when.

- Some of your colleagues, including your step-sister, Mikasa Ackerman, joined the Reconnaissance. – Erwin told his subordinate, who swallowed hard upon hearing that information.

- If it's not too much to ask, could you tell me who the others were? – she asked shyly, clasping her hands below her navel.

- Armin Arlert, Jean Kirschtein, Sasha Blouse, Connie Springer, Christa Lenz, Ymir, Bertholdt Hoover and Reiner Braun.

- All of them!? – Mavie spoke in a high tone, scolding herself instantly, apologizing soon after.

- The ceremony took place last night, but they are still here, you will go along with them to study the plan for our next expedition.