𝟖𝟐. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐒.

She became sad and lonely with each passing day. Mavie fought the urge to abandon the plan and return to Paradis, to live again with her son and boyfriend. It had been about half a year since she'd snuck into the Liberian District concentration camp in Marley, and it was a shock to discover that neither Zeke nor Eren were there. A wave of anger and sadness ran through her body when she realized that she was completely alone in that place, surrounded by strangers and a world unknown to her. She counted on Zeke to teach her everything she needed to learn to adapt quickly there. However, knowing she couldn't go back, Mavie just went to her temporary home and organized everything her way, because at least that would be enough to escape her problems, pessimistic thoughts and bad feelings.

To her relief, a few weeks after starting to serve as a volunteer medic in the Marleyan army, the raven-haired woman met two boys who caught her eye: Colt Grice and his younger brother, Falco Grice. The way the three met was not pleasant, as Colt desperately ran into his office asking for help for his brother seriously injured in the leg after a fall during a race against some older candidates. Upon seeing this, Jaeger immediately remembered her adolescence, when she was still just a good-for-nothing cadet among the others. Mavie didn't see the older Grice very often, however, it was almost every day that she had visits from Falco, who always had a different wound or bruise.

Mavie found it revolting that, instead of enjoying their childhood, many children in Libério were practically forced to serve in the military before they even turned 15. The hatred in his heart only grew, as did the mixed feelings that arose as he spent more time in that doomed nation.

As they passed her, the Marleyans would insult her, push her and even spit on her robes. What revolted her was not being able to react, as any mistake could take her to the much feared paradise and transform her into a pure titan, with no chance of returning to her human form. However, in Liberio, people were different. They treated her in a way she had never experienced before, not even when she was in Paradis, her true home. The Eldians in the concentration camps treated her with respect, affection and kindness. They always greeted her when she passed by, gave her gifts and occasionally invited her to dinner. Her reputation as a good doctor was immensely appreciated by the citizens.

That late afternoon, Mavie was organizing her office after a full day of work. She already imagined arriving at her house, lying in her bed and sleeping for hours to recover her energy. Her hair was tied in a loose bun, her makeup was already disappearing from her face and her belly was growling loudly after a long time without feeling the delicious taste of warm food filling her and satisfying her hunger. His eyes felt heavy and burned with sleep. Just as his feet and back were also sore from the time he had been on his feet; something that she found odd, as it had never happened before, except when she was pregnant and couldn't exercise or exert herself. It had been taken over by a sedentary lifestyle during that period.

She concluded that the pain and extreme tiredness came from her drastic change in routine. At Paradis, Mavie was always training, her body in shape and working hard. While in the hospital she spent a good deal of her time sitting down taking notes or standing up when she needed to carry her patients.

Suddenly, the door to her office opened very slowly and immediately slammed shut, revealing the Falco boy. When she saw him, her eyes widened. Falco had a bruised forehead and a bruised right eye. Quickly she ran to him, crouching down so her face was level with his. Mavie fixed her gaze on his, recognizing that saddened and haggard look, tired from so many days of going to that hospital to meet her to be treated for injuries he had acquired because he wasn't strong and skilled enough. Falco, for some reason, reminded her of Hunter and that was what made her want to be closer and closer to that boy. Because, somehow, she felt that she was close to her son, even if he wasn't and never would be him. She just wanted not to feel alone in Marley and found in Grice a way out of that painful loneliness.