𝟖𝟒. 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃.

Reiner Braun.

Pieck had invited me to drink with her and Galliard. Although I didn't feel like getting drunk, I needed to take advantage of my time off somehow and occupy my head. I watched the two of them dancing together, like a couple, having fun and laughing out loud. The place became increasingly crowded with side conversations that combined with the live music playing and people laughing or singing along with the band. Since we had arrived, I had the luxury of just drinking a bottle of whiskey and some snacks. Afterwards, I just stayed quiet, so as not to ruin the night for my colleagues, even though I knew that my low mood and isolation would bother them in some way. I was never one to drink with friends or go out to parties and things like that, but Pieck assured me that I should do that at least today, as we would soon be on the battlefield again and we would miss a quiet night like this.

In two days, we would have the official declaration of war against Paradis Island, which would be announced by Willy Tybur, the current leader of the Tybur Family. Just like us, they have Eldian blood, however, they are respected and admired, in contrast to the others. Furthermore, they are in possession of the War Hammer Titan, notably powerful for its ability to create any type of weapon using its own body.

I have never seen him in person, nor do I have much information about his family, but I know that they occupy their current place due to Elos, a man who "saved" Marley from the Titans and refused to join King Fritz, preferring to remain here and obtain certain privileges that we ordinary Eldians cannot even dream of having. I must confess that this revolts me; After all, what is the difference between us? We have the same blood, they are also descendants of demons, just like us, who are kept imprisoned and enslaved in concentration camps, treated as if we were animals, destined only to be Marley's weapons and puppets. However, I must understand that they had the choice to leave and chose to remain here, in enemy territory. Well, maybe they truly are superior to all of us. After all, any of us here would have chosen to go rather than stay and be manipulated by this nation, but... despite everything, they have not abandoned us, even after the acts committed by our ancestors a century ago.

I took a deep breath and looked at my almost empty glass, with only a few traces of drink remaining, I could see my reflection. Even though I only drank one bottle, it was still enough to make me a little dazed and flushed in the face, but I wasn't drunk. I put the glass away and called one of the waitresses who were there, who quickly came to serve me and, as always, did so in such a formal way that it sounded forced and irritating. She was a Marleyan woman, but because I was a warrior and deputy war commander, I was treated with respect by some Marley people, but only by those who were a level "below" me. I asked for a glass of water to lessen the effect of the alcohol a little and she smiled at me, asking if I wanted anything else. I told her no, and then I saw her turn and go to the counter, taking my water and bringing it to me. I thanked him, then drank as quickly as I could and went back to watching my friends dancing, completely drunk, and it hadn't even been eleven at night yet.

Pieck was clinging to Galliard, and he to her, dancing together like that, as if they were a couple. Both of their faces were red, and it wasn't just from the drink, which made me smile a little at them. Seeing them like this reminded me of an event from years ago, when I was still in Paradis... but these are things that I prefer not to remember, because if I keep remembering these events, I will end up going crazy for good.

However, I can no longer escape my duties and must continue them until the end. Soon we will have to return to Paradis and, once and for all, we must recover the Founding Titan and bring Historia Reiss to Marley so that we can continue the royal lineage and not lose control of the powers of the titans, as only someone of royal blood will be able to fully control the nine primordials. It's something cruel that will happen to her, that she will have to spend years and years giving birth to children for Marley to take care of, and I confess that it's something I don't wish for her, because I remember how sweet and kind Christa... I mean, History was. A kind, lovely and kind girl who always cared about us and helped us whenever she could. To this day, I remember the day she tore up her skirt to make a makeshift support for my arm that had been broken by a titan's bite. It was something simple, but very majestic.