1. Muggle

'Severus I need your attention here now more than ever,' Albus requested 'With Harry Potter here and Sirius Black on the loose. If it essential that I have your full attention, please Severus, relocate your wife now.'

'Albus I don't want her near all this.' Severus told him

'With sirius black on the loose I need you focused more than ever.' Albus informed him.

'I will talk to Avalon.' Severus told him stiffly. He wanted to keep Avalon as far away from this life as possible but it seemed like he wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

++

'You're a veterinary technician.' Severus reminded her. 'I was thinking you could help with care of magical creatures.'

'Magical Severus. Magical. I take care of dogs and cats and bunny rabbits!' Avalon reminded him with a laugh.

'My dearest-'

'Magic is not my wheelhouse severus. You know that. I'm a what's it called?'

'Muggle. A muggle that I love so very much.' Severus said pulling his wife to him.

'I won't fit in.' Avalon reminded him.

'It's become too...' he didn't want to tell her of the dangers but he needed her with him, it was the only way to keep her safe. 'I wouldn't do this if I didn't think it was right.' Severus told her.

'I don't want to make you look bad.' Avalon told him as he wrapped his arms around her.

'You could never do that.' Severus told her pressing a kiss to her lips.

'Never?'

'Never.' Severus confirmed.

'Alright. Let's go to hogwarts.' Avalon told him and with a wave of his wand the apartment was being packed up. "That's still so cool." Avalon declared looking around. 

"You are too easily impressed my love." Severus countered. 

"Possibly, but it's still cool." Avalon assured. 

++

When harry stopped Voldemort Sirius Black lost everything but to this day he still remains a faithful servant and Harry Potter is the only thing that stands in the way of Voldemort returning to power and that is why Sirius black as escaped from Azkaban to find Harry Potter and kill him...

"What are you reading?" Avalon questioned and Severus poofed the paper away. 

"Nothing." Severus answered. 

"Oh no were you buying things for your potions again? I swear Sevy we have too many things in the cupboard that I think might kill me." 

"There are very few that would kill you with direct contact." Severus corrected. 

"Reassuring sweetie." Avalon mused tapping his cheek. 

"You are perfectly safe with me." Severus assured her holding her closer, he couldnt lose the one good thing in his life. Not after everything, he needed her safe and if that was at the school, in the middle of everything he wanted to keep her away from, keep her pure from that side of him... then it was a sacrifice he would need to take to make sure that she was safe. 

"Ooh! Are we taking the magical train?" Avalon questioned. 

"No, we will apparate there." Severus informed her. Avalon stared back at him. 

"I know what that word means." Avalon offered. "But... remind me?"

"Oh my sweet Avalon." Severus whispered kissing her head. "The act of apparating or apparition is a means of transport through which magical beings teleport from one point in space to another with the help of magic."

"Teleportation, why dont you just call it that?" Avalon countered. 

"Would you rather take the hogwarts express?" Severus offered. 

"No... but we need to see the platform one of these days."

"You have seen the platform." Severus corrected with a chuckle.

"Yeah..." Avalon agreed smiling up at him. "But your magic platform." She clarified. 

"Are you excited?" 

"I get to spend more time with you. I can't think of anything better." Avalon assured.