23. My Girl

Avalon packed a bag quickly and dropped the cats off at her old clinic for boarding they were so excited to meet her new cats and wanted to hear all about her new job over seas but she didnt have time to chat. Her future daughter was waiting for her, she knew it.

"Thank you for coming so quickly." Albus remarked. 

"Thank you for thinking of us!" Avalon declared. "Whats her name?"

"Amelia Rose." Albus answered. 

"Amelia." Avalon repeated fondly. Severus grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze. "And she's how old?"

"Just turned three last moon." ALbus remarked. 

"is that early for abilities?" Avalon questioned. "Is she scared? Confused? She didnt hurt herself did she?"

"No, she mainly has shown telekinetic abilities." Albus remarked. 

"Thats amazing. She's healthy? What happened to her family?" 

"She was dropped off here as a baby." Albus answered. "I have no knowledge of her parents. But she is a healthy little girl, in need of a family that understands whats shes going through." Avalon looked to Severus. She didnt really understand, she would be learning along with Amelia but severus understood. 

"Lets meet her." Severus agreed. 

Amelia was on the floor, blocks and a big picture book around her, a giant teddy bear with funny hair, she was smiling and laughing. Avalon fell in love on the spot, severus knew it too. 

Avalon stared down at her as she laughed out

Avalon stared down at her as she laughed out. She was perfect.

"Amelia," Avalon said crouching down, Amelia was in an in depth conversation with her teddy bear, she looked to Avalon almost surprised. "Hi sweetie, I'm Avalon, could I play with you?" Amelia stared back at her pulling her teddy bear closer. "Whats your teddys name?" Amelia smiled down at her teddy. "I have two kitty cats at home, named Flash and Cheeto." 

"I like kitties." Amelia finally said. 

"Would you maybe want to meet them?" Avalon questioned. Amelia nodded. Severus watched them, Amelia passed Avalon a block and they made a little tower, Amelia laughed out as she tipped it over. She jumped in Avalon's lap and Avalon wrapped her arms around Amelia. Avalon glanced back at Severus and he knelt beside them. Amelia stared back at him before looking back at her teddy bear. 

"This is my husband, Severus." Avalon added. 

"Hi," Amelia offered grabbing her book. 

"Hello Amelia." Severus offered, "Hello mr bear." Amelia giggled smiling back at him. 

"His name is Barry the bear." She corrected seriously. 

"Excuse me, Mr Barry the bear." Severus agreed. Amelia nodded before pointing at the picture book. Albus smiled down at them before heading out himself, he was going to get the paperwork settled for them, he knew Avalon wasnt leaving without this little girl in her arms. 

Amelia pointed at the pictures and Avalon and her made up stories for each picture.

"Is that what it says?" Amelia questioned severus. 

"No." Severus admitted. "But it was better than what they wrote." He assured. 

"So it should be." Amelia agreed. Severus chuckled nodding. Avalon's heart felt full as she held Amelia in her arms, she never wanted to let go. She went from months of sadness waiting for a positive test to feeling like she had the world in her arms, her little world. 

"Are you going to be my new mama?" Amelia questioned and Avalon felt tears in her eyes. 

"Would you like that?" 

"I had a dream that you were coming." Amelia agreed. "I got packed too," She pointed at her little suitcase. Avalon wiped at her eyes and ran her sleeve under her nose. 

"Sevy?" She whimpered. Severus nodded kissing her cheek. "I would love to be your new mama." Avalon agreed, unable to stop the tears from falling down her cheeks. Amelia smiled jumping up. She waved a hand around and the blocks and remaining toys shoved themselves into the bag. 

"What are we waiting for? I got kitties now!" She declared hugging Avalon tight. It only made Avalon cry harder. 

+

While Avalon signed the final documents Severus popped back home and started cleaning up a room for Amelia, they hadnt known they were getting a child today, he thought he had nine months to prepare, they needed to buy a bed and more clothes, everything a little girl of three might need. BUt for now, a room, a bed, warm blankets and soft pillows would have to be enough before Avalon went shopping. 

She thought this process would take forever but she supposed it was a magical case and they wanted to get in non magical- muggle children in. Avalon held Amelia through the whole process, she was a mother, just one last signature, Severus appeared back by her side. They signed on the dotted line and they were parents, Amelia was theirs. 

"My girl."