19. Burnt

Winter passed quickly it seemed because the sun was back out the warmth filling the air.

Avalon fell asleep in the sun. Her chest rose and fell in deep breaths as the birds chirped and tweeted around her the small waves of the black lake brushing against the docks.

Severus saw her and crouched down behind her wrapping his arms around her and down her stomach trilling his fingers along her.

"Avalon." he cooed.

"Mmm," she mumbled turning her head into him

"Avalon my love" severus said kissing her cheek she opened her eyes with a deep sigh.

"Hi honey," avalon said bringing a hand to his cheek. He kissed her again

"Enjoying the nice weather?" Severus questioned

"Come sit with me," she requested and she leaned forward he slipped behind her so she sat in between his legs. "How were classes?"

"I don't want to talk about those miscreants." he told her holding her close

"They're good kids." she told him

"Maybe to you they are with me they were miscreants and hooligans," Severus told her

"maybe you should be nicer to them," Avalon suggested

"Maybe they should be less incompetent," he countered kissing her neck.

"Do you want children?" Avalon asked turning to him.

"With you? Yes". Severus told her honestly.

"Are you sure? We are trying. We have been for a while now but you dont-"

"Our children," severus assured. "I would love and cherish. Our children avalon would be perfect. Because they are half you."

"Would they be magical? Or like me?" Avalon questioned liking that answer. Severus always talked of not liking these children but she knew he would love theirs.

"They could be either but either way any child born of your womb would be magical muggle or wizard. Because you my dear are magical." Severus assured her.

"Would they go to school here?"

"They could". Severus told her. "There is also drumgstrang and the Beauxbatons but neither of those schools are worth the effort. Savages and bimbos." Severus told her.

"Severus thats mean". Avalon told him laughing

"You dont know them you would agree with me if you met them". Severus told her kissing down her neck and shoulder his hand slipping under her shirt.

"Professor snape?"

He grumbled glaring back at the voice.

"Um professor avalon snape?" The voice corrected. She turned as well

"Oh hello Neville. What can i do for you?"Avalon questioned sitting up but severus kept her trapped in his arms.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you about some of the creatures we were learning about... But if you're busy I can... Come back later" he suggested

"Good idea" Severus told him

"Nonsense I am learning about the creatures as well so perhaps we can learn together!" Avalon suggested at that Severus shook his head aggressively

"No no he can figure it out can't you Longbottom?" Severus requested but more demanded.

"I'm sure I can," he said nervously

"Good go away". Severus told him.

"No no you stay there we can walk up together". Avalon assured and severus groaned as he pulled from his grip. "I love you and I will see you later" she said kissing him before leading neville off

"I really don't mean to intrude." Neville whispered

"Nonsense if I spent any longer in the sun anyways I will get burnt. So tell me tell me which animal are we learning about?" Avalon insisted.

Severus loved that everyone loved Avalon. She fit in at Hogwarts great and she had started to make it feel like home. he didn't dread waking up in the morning because she was by his side he got to see her throughout the day and not just on weekends and holidays and now with her talk of children...

Here severus thought it might be a test to see if he could be nice to the children good to the children. Get along with them and not have them shivering nervously when he came in the room. But he did not know if he could be. He had gotten quite the reputation and to change that now seemed drastic. But if Avalon wanted children with him then he could show her that he could be a good father. Severus followed after them.

"You know you teaching him would be an OK idea but who is going to teach you my dear?"

"Are you offering to help us?" Avalon suggested

"I am," he agreed. Avalon lit up.

"Oh wonderful, severus." avalon said hooking her arm with his as they walked neville looked nervoulsy back at severus. "This going to be so fun!"