24. Daddy

Amelia was tired when they got home. Avalon snuggled her up in their bed as they set up a little bed with raised edges to help her not fall out. They put Barry the bear and blankets on top. Avalon wanted to paint the room for her, have it ready when she woke up. They got to work, painted side by side, Avalon ran off to check on Amelia every five minutes it seemed. 

The cats stared at their new visitor debating the little girl. Cheeto was quick to agree that Amelia was fine while Flash was annoyed that Avalon kept him from zooming over Amelia's sleeping body. Cheeto snuggled up next to Amelia.

They painted her room shades of pastel blues, purples, and pinks. When Amelia woke up her eyes went wide seeing a cat beside her. She pet Cheeto softly, he purred loudly into her. SHe squealed hugging him. Cheeto woke up staring up at her as she smushed him before falling back asleep. 

"MAMA!" Amelia declared. Avalon's heart melted. "Kitty!" 

"Thats cheeto." Avalon agreed when she regained her composure. "He was snuggling with you while you took a nap." 

"He likes me, I like him." 

"Flash!" Avalon called out and he zoomed up onto the bed, startling Amelia for a moment. "He's a fast one." Avalon warned. 

"Two kitties, one, two, one, two!" She giggled out. Severus peered in at them. "Daddy look!" 

Avalon loved how easily Amelia adapted into their life, how easily she called them mama and daddy, like she knew they were her parents. SHe did say she had a dream, avalon wished she had a dream of Amelia, wished she knew this day was coming and maybe she wouldnt be crying every hour overwhelmed with joy.

They took Amelia shopping and she picked out some new clothes, they got her a wooden rocking horse for her room, a magical canvas to color on. Some mini musical instruments, and a lot more picture books. Avalon walked around the thrift store and found the childrens section of books and gently worn toys and clothes. She piled her cart and Amelia couldnt believe that not only did she get the best gift ever, parents. But she got two parents, two kitties, a room for herself and all the toys she could ever need, plus all the books!

Severus made up the little bookshelf and Amelia organized the books. Severus chuckled. 

"Are you sure she isnt your daughter?' Severus mused. Avalon was constantly organizing her own bookshelves. 

"Says you," Avalon laughed out. "You are always organizing your potions cupboard," Severus chuckled. "Oh, Sevy you need to put a lock on that now. Its a hazard!" 

"Already done." Severus assured. 

"We play out side?" Amelia questioned grabbing Avalon's hand. 

"Of course!" Avalon agreed. They headed outside and Amelia picked some flowers from the yard, she watched Cheeto strut past before he was running after a butterfly, she chased after him, she pulled her hat on her head as it threatened to fly away. 

"Cheeto, dont catch butterflies!" Amelia instructed when she caught up with him. 

Amelia loved the cats and was constantly following them around

"How did we get so lucky?" Avalon questioned as Severus spoke over her.  

"School will be starting before you know it." 

Avalon stared back at him. School. Hogwarts. 

"I still want you to come back, I thought you did too." Severus added. "You both can come, I can charm the room. Make it bigger, give her a room, she can join you for lessons, I dont want to only get to see you on nights and holidays, she will forget about me." Severus whispered. 

"You think she will like Hogwarts?" 

"I think she will, you certainly did. It might help her see there are more kids like her." Severus added. Avalon nodded. 

"I wanted to come back to Hogwarts, but school was the last thing on my mind this past week." She admitted. Amelia ran up delivering Avalon the flowers. 

"For you mama!" Amelia declared. 

"Thank you baby!" Avalon cooed kissing her cheek. She looked at her now empty hands before looking at Severus. Amelia smiled a big toothy grin. 

"Dont move daddy! I get you one!" Amelia ran off after Cheeto. Severus didnt think he would like that, 'daddy' as much as he did. He knew how happy Avalon was, on their second date she told him she wanted children. When they got married it didnt seem like the right time because of Severus being gone most of the year but then again, he would always have this job he supposed and then it would never be the right time, unless they made it so. 

THey were making it be the right time, with Amelia. Because she was perfect, she was sweet and kind and magical. She needed a family and like Amelia said, she dreamt of them.

Amelia came running up with a sunflower for Severus and a big smile on her face. 

"For you, daddy!"