15. Newt

Your name hurts / Criston cole out now!

"This is so exciting. I have been reading your books nonstop! I feel like im meeting a celebrity!" Avalon declared. Newt chuckled shaking her hand.

"The pleasure is all mine Ms Avalon."

"Mrs." She corrected quickly. "So tell me-"

"Im sorry might I ask you a few questions before we begin?" Newt questioned.

"Oh yeah. Sorry. Im just super duper excited!" Avalon agreed. Newt laughed back be loved her energy. "Oh Sevy there you are." She waved a hand rising up from the table. "Sorry i was so excited I left early." Avalon remarked. "Did you get my note?"

"Yes I did ." Severus agreed kissing her. "Hello Mr Scammander."

"Hello Professor snape. Well that answers one of my questions." Newt mused. "Please sit. Shall we get a drink? Some crisps?"

"Fries." Avalon agreed. "Im from the states. Still get confused on some of your terms for foods."

"Yes fries." Newt agreed. He ordered butter beer. Severus ordered fire whiskey, avalon reminded him it was barely noon and he chuckled kissing her temple. Avalon got lemonade. "The children drink butter beer." Newt reminded her.

"Yes and I know that when I ordered it they spiked my drink." Avalon corrected. "I hate beer. Im not a beer person. Love a good white wine though. Ohh!" She squealed as a little creature she tried to place in her mind came out of Newts pocket. "Thats a bow... truckle?"

"Yes thats right." Newt agreed. Avalon smiled back at severus. He too was proud of her. "This is pickett."

"Hello pickett!" Avalon said as he approached her. "Hes the cutest!"

"Wait till you see inside my case." Newt pat an old leather brown case at his feet. Avalon stared down at it. She heard stories about that case and the adventures newt and professor- Headmaster Albus went on.

"It is really magical?" Avalon whispered as if they werent in a magical pub in a magical realm.

"It is. Its bewitched with an Undetectable Extension Charm, in which I housed a vast number of magical beasts while I travelled."

"How do you get past customs?" Avalon pondered. He put it up on the table. For an older man he was still slim and tall speckled brown grey hair. He could hide the contents from Muggles by flipping a switch on the case.

"Wow!" Avalon declared. "So then it looks like a case. A normal case? Where do the creatures go?"

"They are still there. Just concealed." Newt assured.

"Cool! Oh could we- thank you!" Avalon adds to the server as he delivers the drinks and fries. "Go into the case?"

"Avalon-" severus objected as newt smiles brightly.

"Yes of course! I would love to show you both!" Newt agreed. Avalon giggled taking a bite of a fry. She smiled completely giddy at Severus.

After drinks were drunk and fries were consumed they headed back to hogwarts. Avalon suggested a safer place for going into a case.

"Okay. Ladies first!" Newt declared. He still had a boyish grin.

"Um, I just... just..." avalon hesitated.

"Step right in." Newt agreed.

"I got you love." Severus assured holding her hand. Avalon chuckled. So excited. She loved this. As she descended into the case she squealed with delight.

"Sevy!" She declared. Severus chuckled following her down.

"Oh wow." Severus whispered having never been in a magzoologists case before. There were layers and layers of creatures in here.

"Ohh thats a niffler!" Avalon crouched down "So stinkin' cute!" He approached her cautiously. Avalons eyes went wide as she held out a hand for him. "Hello little guy." The niffler grabbed her hand and she laughed softly as she seemingly shook his little hand.

"Careful Avalon those little-" newt warned.

"My ring!" Avalon declared as the niffler pulled her ring off and shoved it into his pocket. "You little-"

"Give it back." Newt demanded. He seemed to squeak before running off. "Imbolious!" Newt shouted. "Im sorry about him-" the niffler hung upside down and jewels and treaures held in his pocket falling out. Newt reached down picking up the ring. "He likes-"

"Shinny things. Yeah. I forgot." Avalon admitted. "Why are the cute ones always so difficult?" She offered petting him before he dropped to the ground.

Doxies are often referred to as "biting fairies" but are actually a different species. Like fairies, Doxies are small and have wings, but they also have sharp teeth, extra arms and legs, and large ears. Doxies are notorious for biting, and their venom is known to be poisonous.

Avalon smiled looking around at the world within the case as newt gave them a tour. Avalon wanted to take notes but newt wanted her to take it all in. Promised her something better than notes when they finished.

Fwoopers are brightly colored birds, and while they look like fairly innocent creatures, they can be deadly. The birds' feathers are said to be brightly colored because they originated from Africa.

The song of a Fwooper is enough to drive a person mad, so only one should be owned at any given time. Wizards who keep one of these birds are advised to put a silencing spell on the Fwooper to ensure the wizard retains their sanity.

"You out a silencing charm on it right?" Avalon questioned.

"Yes." Newt confirmed

The Swooping Evil hides itself in a small cocoon, but when it reveals itself, its quite intimidating to behold. The creature has bright blue wings like a butterfly but has a wolf-likeskull in place of a head.

Grindylow are small water-demons and Grindylow use their tentacles to navigate through their underwater habitat and are known to be aggressive in nature.

Severus pulled avalon back as it lunged at her. She jumped into severus arms.

"Ohh a Thunderbird." Avalon whispered taking slow steps forward. A thunderbird is a huge avian creature that can summon storms. From Arizona, The Thunderbird is a regal creature that is highly sensitive to danger. "I love Arizona." She added. "They have all the hummingbirds."

Newt smiled as avalon took it all in. Then he handed her one of his many personal journals.

"For your studies." Newt remarked happily.

"Oh I couldnt- ohh!" She squealed looking it over. "This is amazing! Are you sure?"

"You will get more out of it than I will." Newt agreed. "I know I all I can. I think you will get more out of it. I want you to have it."

Avalon was on cloud nine.