52. Thestral

"Do you need help?"

"Sevy im pregnant not broken." Avalon corrected before grumbling. "Fine. Take it." She agreed. "Im a weakling," she decided. "What even is this?"

"I... Avalon dont be mad." he put back down the case of books. "I asked that you... assist myself this year."

"Why?" Avalon countered, he ran his hands over her arms.

"Grubly Plank is a decent enough professor but I dont want him... you are carrying precious cargo, you are precious cargo my love, you have seen up close the dangers of these creatures, I just want you safer."

"And your potions classroom is safer? The fresh air will do me good." Avalon assured.

"If you change your mind..." Severus encouraged. "KNow that you can join me at any time."

"Thank you Sevy." Avalon agreed. "Now help me with these books. I have class to get to."

"Good morning, children. Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." Umbridge informed them all. "Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic. Yes?" Umbridge looked to a raised hand Hermione.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione questioned confused.

"Using spells? Ha-ha!" Umbridge cackled out. "Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron shouted.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way. " Umbridge assured.

"What use is that?"

"If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." Harry agreed.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." She demanded. "It is the view of the Ministry..." Her voice softened. "...that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient.. to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about."

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry countered.

"There is nothing out there, dear." Umbridge corrected. "Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort." Harry shouted.

+

"Harry, are you hurt?" Avalon questioned.

"Oh i'm fine." Harry resisted the urge to rub at his detention punishment. 'I must not tell lies' was burned into his skin.

"Are you sure?"

"You are pregnant," harry countered. "I didnt notice before, congratulations. I dont remember if I said it already." Harry countered. "Did I know you were-"

"Oh thank you, Harry. I'm very excited but it seems like bad timing with you know who out." Avalon agreed.

"You do believe me." Harry whispered.

"Yes. Of course. Severus and I have been talking about it all summer break. You know honey, I... I hope that you would consider maybe spending this next summer break with us. I was worried to death about you." Avalon admitted.

"You were?" Harry whispered taking a step closer.

"Of course, Harry I meant what I said that awful day of the last trial." Avalon cooed. "I do love you sweetie."