55. Smashing Ornaments

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" Avalon declared as the thanksgiving feast ended and the room magically transformed into a christmas winter wonderland. 

"I'm surprised Umbridge isnt smashing the ornaments." Draco chuckled. 

"Oh, I would say be nice but she is definitely a scrouge." Avalon agreed. "What plans do you have for christmas?" 

"I dont know the manor probably unless father has business." Draco answered. 

"Well you are always welcome to join us." Avalon assured. 

"Thanks." Draco agreed. "We have one more game before break, are you going to come and cheer us on?" Draco questioned. 

"Of course!" Avalon agreed. "Cheer you on," She corrected touching his hair, Draco beamed back at her, so this is what it was like to have a mother that cared about him. 

"Mama!" Amelia declared running to her. 

"Hi baby girl." Avalon cooed. Amelia wanted to be picked up but Avalon's days of picking up Amelia were limited while pregnant. Avalon reached out picking up Amelia up awkwardly positioning her around her stomach. 

"Hi Draco," Amelia added smiling down at him. 

"Hi Amelia." Draco answered. "You look really pretty today." Amelia blushed into Avalon's neck. 

"Thank you," She whispered. Avalon kissed Amelia's cheek, snuggling her close. 

"I should get going to class." Draco realized. 

"So should we." Avalon realized. 

"You know I miss you being care of magical creatures professor." Draco admitted. "The old guy is just like Hagrid, boring and putting us in danger." 

"Oh heavens. Mr- professor- headmaster Albus should really vet these people." Avalon tsked. 

"Yeah, he should" Draco agreed.  

"Well I dont want you to be late, either way." Avalon added. "Have a good rest of your day draco" 

"You too." He called out as he headed down. Severus came up behind them his hands brushed against Avalon's arms and she jumped. 

"Just me." Severus assured kissing her neck. "Amelia ran off." 

"I wondered what she was doing roaming the halls." Avalon agreed. Amelia giggled into Avalon's neck. 

"I had a little break, was missing my personal assistant. How are you feeling?" Severus questioned taking Amelia from Avalon. 

"Pregnant." Avalon offered. 

+

"And with that the score is 80 to 110! Slytherin in the lead! But it all comes down to the snitch!" 

"Go Draco!" Avalon cheered out even though there was no way he could hear them from up there. Avalon was bundled up in all of severus warmest slytherin attire. She pulled her hat on tighter over her ears as a cold wind whipped around them. Amelia shivered hiding under severus cloak and playing with her Barry the bear at his legs.

"I can't believe the term is almost over." Avalon remarked. "I thought Christmas would never come." 

"Yes it has droned on." Severus agreed. 

"Malfoy has eyes on the snitch!" 

"Ohh!" Avalon clapped out. "Amelia, Draco is going for the snitch." Amelia peered out, her face appeared between the cloak. 

"GO DRACO!" Amelia cheered out watching him sail through the air. 

"And he's done it folks, Draco Malfoy caught the snitch! That is a win for Team Slytherin!" 

A sea of green jumped up, cold toes and noses but they cheered out while the ravenclaw blues were sluggish in their seats already heading down while the slytherins cheered out no doubt going to celebrate tonight. 

Draco raced around showing off the snitch and his eyes locked on Avalon as she clapped out. He felt like he had a family in Avalon, someone that was proud of him, win or lose but he was glad he got to win today.