31. Single Malt Whiskey

"Thank God we got out of there, are you seeing this Severus!" Avalon declared holding up the paper. "We could have been killed." 

"Yes, we were lucky we left quickly." Severus agreed.  

"This is horrible, how can the ministry not know who conjured it. Isn't there any security or?"

" Loads according to Dad, that's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses." Ron agreed.

"It's hurting again isn't it, your scar." Hermione realized when she saw him rubbing at his head. "You know Sirius will want to hear about this. What you saw at the world cup, and the dream." Hermione added as the Hogwarts express pulled to the stop. 

They saw four flying horses flying through the air pulling a carriage coming in to land at Hogwarts.

"Clear the runway." Hagrid demanded.

"Well there's something you don't see every day." Harry remarked then a large ship emerged from under the water and approached too.

Avalon stared out amazed. 

"What is that?"

"The other houses are here." Severus grumbled. 

"Drumstrang does their schooling on that ship." Draco added as he brushed his teeth. Severus glanced back at him, he forgot that he was still here. After the news of the death eaters at the world cup severus knew Lucius would rather Draco be here at Hogwarts, it was safer. Safer with himself than back in that big manor all alone. 

"Best get ready for the ceremony." Avalon remarked. "Do you need anything from home Draco?" 

"No, father sent my things along already." Draco corrected. "Already saw them in my room. I will let you all get ready though, thanks again for having me." 

"Of course, Draco. you are such a sweet boy. We are happy to have you anytime." Avalon assured. She wondered about Draco's mother, where she was but tried not to think too much about it, maybe she was working... over seas somewhere. Avalon couldnt imagine sending her child away to boarding school at Dracos age, at any age really. 

"See you tonight." Draco added as he headed out. "Bye Amelia." 

"Bye Draco!" Amelia declared waving back at him. 

"Okay sweetie pie, lets get you ready." Severus remarked picking Amelia up. 

+

"I can feel you staring at me, creep," Avalon teased. 

"Want me to stop?" Severus questioned coming behind her. Avalon chuckled. 

"Never," she assured. "But i was talking about flash."

Severus glanced around and saw Flash staring at her from across the room, wide eyed. 

"He's lucky he's cute

"He's lucky he's cute." Avalon remarked as she got dressed. Severus stared at her for a few minutes longer and then stole a kiss from her still lips.

Avalon smiled into him. He turned her back around zipping up her dress, his lips trailing along her neck again. 

"We have to get to the banquet." Avalon whispered as Amelia ran in. Severus forgot what it was like not to have a constant adorable little interruption. 

"I got my green dress on!" Amelia declared spinning around. "OH! Mama we match!" Avalon had a black lace dress with a deep green slip underneath it. She slipped on her little black booties before moving to Amelia. 

"I suddenly feel very inadequate." Severus remarked looking between them. 

"Nonsense you are perfect." Avalon assured. 

+

 "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen..." Albus began after everyone was sorted in their houses, the new first years looked less nervous and more excited now that they were with a group of people that would be their friends, their house. 

"Can I eat?" Amelia questioned. 

"Yes. He talks forever." Severus whispered putting food onto her plate. 

 "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

A group of girls dressed in blue danced up the aisle and released butterflies into the air. They bowed as they were applauded. That caught Amelia's attention, she dropped her fork and stared back at them before clapping wildly.

"Butterflies mama!" Amelia declared. Avalon smiled running a hand through her hair. 

" Blimey, that's one big woman." a student remarked looking at Madam Maxine. Hagrid smiled back at Maxine, she was a large woman. 

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff." Albus added.

A series of older boys walked up the aisle brandishing bow staffs, twirling them around and periodically stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect. Avalon flinched back as a few of the boys breathed fire. 

"Wow." Avalon whispered. "They are... they make Hogwarts seem dull." She admitted. 

"Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum!" Ron declared. 

Albus brought Avalon forward as the children ate. Wanting her to get accustomed to the new teachers in case she assisted any of them. 

"That was impressive, your girls are all so elegant." Avalon remarked. Maxine looked down at her. She was a large woman, she looked down upon everyone. 

"Yes. They are." Maxine agreed. Avalon glanced to Severus as he helped Amelia cut her meat.  "Professor Dumbledore, my horses have travelled a long way. They will need attending to." Maxine remarked.

"Oh I love horses, did a semester on farm animals-" Finally a normal animal Avalon could work with. 

"They are not just regular horses." maxine corrected. Avalon recalled them flying in, yep. Not normal. 

"Not to worry Madame Maxime, our gamekeeper Hagrid's more than capable of seeing to them." Albus assured.

"But you know Monsieur Hagrid, they drink only single malt whiskey." Maxine added. Avalon's eyes went wide. 

"Whiskey?" Avalon choked out. 

"Single malt whiskey."

"They drink better than me."