53. How Dare You

"What is that?" Avalon questioned touching Harry's arm he flinched back. "Harry?"

"I'm fine Avalon," Harry assured. 

"Honey-" but shouts pulled her attention away. 

"'What exactly are you insinuating?'

''I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you were a form to the describes discipline requirements.' Minerva told her

'So silly of me but it sounds as if you were questioning my authority in my own classroom... Minerva.' Dolores said taking a step up the stairs.

''Not at all... Dolores.' Minerva said taking another step up so she was looking down at her. 'Just your medieval methods.''

"She did this to you?" Avalon realized keeping an arm around Harry. 

"No. I mean... in a way." harry agreed. 

"Thats abuse and from what I heard about your aunt and uncle you suffer enough abuse." Avalon corrected. 

''I am sorry dear but to question my practice is to question the ministry and by extension the minister himself.' Dolores informed her. 'I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for...' Dolores moved up the stairs. 'is disloyalty.''

''Disloyalty.' A gasp escaped minerva's lips.

''things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared' Dolores told them all ''Cornelious would want to take immediate action.' she told them all the proclamation had been decreed number 23 Dolores Jane Umbridge has been appointed to the post of Hogwarts high inquisitors, ministry seeks educational reform at Hogwarts all the papers read.

They would revolutionize the teaching of defense against the dark arts by changing the way the class was taught, no more magic. Dolores sauntered around the school happily bossing everyone around making changes as she thought needed to be changed and interrogating the teachers.

"Barely two moons in and everything is upside down." Avalon remarked.

"I dont know what is going on." Severus admitted. "But as long as you are with me, you are okay." he promised kissing her cheek. 

"I know you two are married but public displays of affection are prohibited." Umbridge demanded with a wave of her hand avalon was sliding down the bench. Severus scowled back at Umbridge ready to skin her alive. 

"I think... I will go back to the chambers." Avalon decided getting up. 

"I will walk with you." Severus agreed. 

Amelia was scared of Umbridge, she was always shouting and yelling and reprimanding Amelia. Not physically, Avalon would have killed Umbridge but verbally. Amelia's little face puckered running to Avalon. 

"Baby what happened?" Avalon questioned. 

"She's so mean!" Amelia whimpered. 

"What did she do?" Severus questioned urgently. 

"She said no skipping in the halls, no singing in the halls, she said I wasnt in uniform and i told her I'm four!" Amelia sobbed out. "I dont have a uniform. She gave me detention!" Severus tore it up. "I dont want to go to detention!" 

"You dont have to, she had no right." Severus assured. 

"God that awful woman!" Avalon demanded. 

The next day she marched up to umbridge the wizard ministry and Avalon had never met before, she was a muggle she didnt give a damn about their minister. 

"Dolores." Avalon demanded. 

"Yes, oh... its you."

"It's me. Avalon Snape. You shouted at my daughter and gave her detention." 

"Yes, she didnt show, thats another-"

"She is four, you are not allowed to reprimand her, give her detention, in fact dont even look at her." Avalon decided. "She is my daughter and you are nothing more than a pain in the ass." Avalon declared. Harry and Ron chuckled from around the corridor.

"How dare you!"

"How dare I? How dare you!" Avalon shouted poking a finger at Umbridge. "Amelia used to love Hogwarts, we all did and you are doing nothing but turning this place into a prison. The children are not learning they are scared you are going to carve into their limbs." 

"Well I-"

"You should be thrown in Azkaban for your vicious and wicked ways. School is supposed to be like a garden, peaceful and vibrant, where students can grow and learn. You are stealing the light from this place." Avalon demanded. 

"How dare-"

"Stay away from daughter." Avalon added. She marched back down the hall. "Dont make me tell you again!" 

"I think thats the first time I saw the Snape in her." Ron remarked. "That was scary." 

"Scary good." Harry assured.   

Dolores Umbridge herself was teaching the defense against the dark arts classes. But she wasnt going to teach them. Severus hated that she was stealing his position and turning it into a mockery. 

The rule of walls was put up and Avalon wanted to scream. 

"Severus... I was thinking about your offer." Avalon remarked. 

"What- oh yes?" Severus agreed. 

"I would love to be your assistant, I dont want to be wandering the halls, that woman in pink is on a mission to make everyone miserable."

"That she is." Severus agreed. "I would love for you to be my assistant." 

"Wonderful." Avalon agreed. "I was also thinking that we go home over the weekends like you used to do." 

"I dont think apparating this far along into your pregnancy is a good idea." Severus countered. "I will have to confirm with madam pomfrey." 

"Oh, right," Avalon stroked her stomach. "Okay, whatever is best... yes probably not then, I didnt think about that." 

"Mommy did you yell at the mean lady?" Amelia questioned. Severus rose a curious brow.

"Yes I did." Avalon agreed. "And I would do it again."