25. You Got Mail

Severus rolled over from his side of the bed and into Avalon's back side, tucking his arm around her waist and pulling her into him. She wiggled herself back into him and let out a small moan.

Of all the ways he had woken her up over the years, severus found this to be the one she enjoyed the most. Or at least the one she responded to the most. He chuckled as avalon laid her arm over his own and nuzzled into him as deeply as she could.

It was strange and yet completely normal having little Amelia right next door to them. Loved when Amelia ran in asking for breakfast or where the cats ran off to or even just to say goodmorning and hug them. But he loved these quiet moments with Avalon just a little bit more.

Severus put his chin into her neck and breathed in her sweet scent. She smelled like she always does first tuing in the morning before she puts on her perfume for the day she smeels like eucalyptus and peppermint from her shampoo and lotion.

"Good morning, my darling," he whispered into her ear.

"Good morning, my love," she whispered, "It's Sunday, whose turn is it to make breakfast?" She added. Severus chuckled.

Since even before Amelia came they had fallen into the routine of taking turns making breakfast for each other on Sunday mornings.

"It's definitely your turn," avalon decided after a moment.

"Do you want eggs or waffles?" Severus asked.

"Definitely waffles." They hear from the door. Avalon smiled reaching for Amelia her day immediately brightened. "With bacon?" She added snuggling in between them. Severus chuckled.

"When is 'without bacon' ever the right answer?" severus mused. Amelia giggled out as he tickled her.

Severus smiled back at Avalon laying back on the bed. He lay there looking at her perfect face as she snuggled into Amelia.

Her eyes are closed and it's this way that severus found his beautiful wife most beautiful. First thing in the morning, with no makeup on, and no worry either.  Nothing on her mind except her family. The cats came in next demanding breakfast.

"Meow! Meow! Meowwww!" They demanded.

"I help!" Amelia declared jumping up. "Come on kitties!" She marched into the kitchen. The cats chased after her.

Anelia fit perfectly into their lives. Like she was always meant to be theirs.

Waffles were being whipped up. That was another thing avalon missed about being home. Real cooking. The elves did a fine job but the magic of cooking and baking was lost with- ironically - magic.

It was kind of a perfect situation. The little girl never had a home so when she got one it was all she had ever known. No one to compare Severus and avalon to. To Amelia they were her parents.

Severus couldnt help but think of harry. Not that Amelia looked anything like him but a child abandoned. He pushed harry and Lily from his mind. Lily had always been ashamed and embarrassed of her friendship with Severus. Avalon never made him feel less than. Always made him feel loved.

"You two look perfect!" Avalon declared as severus and Amelia scooped the batter into the waffle maker. She got out her camera wound it up and got them laughing flour speckled over them. She loved that she was going to have pictures to litter the mantle place in both their homes. Their home here in Illinois and their home at Hogwarts.

She shook the picture as it came out and smiled down at the picture before looking back at her two favorite people giggling before her. 

Amelia put the whipped cream on and syrup and sprinkles were obviously needed, plus a cherry, she declared. 

"It's starting to sound more like an ice cream sundae than a breakfast." Severus mused. 

"Daddy thats a great idea!" Amelia declared. "Lets have ice cream! We can make it like a waffle cone! Ohhh!" She declared completely giddy. Avalon nodded along as she decorated her waffle. Severus took a sip of his tea his opposite hand stroked Avalon's thigh under the table as she gushed back at Amelia. 

+

"And the wolf said, I will huff and I will puff and I will blow your house down!" Avalon declared puffing out a breath of air against Amelia's cheek, she giggled out. 

"No, no mr wolf!" Amelia declared holding up Barry the bear. "Barry help the piggies!" 

"The piggies are not coming out, Amelia," Avalon realized. 

"Stay hiding!" Amelia agreed. 

"So he's gonna huff, and he's gonna-"

"MAMA!" Amelia shouted. "There's an owl in the window!" Avalon turned her head, sure enough, there was an owl. Amelia waved her hand and the window opened. She was glad Amelia was so sweet or these powers could get her into trouble. The owl came in sitting on the bed between them. "Did we get a pet owl?" Amelia questioned. 

"No honey, sometimes daddy gets mail by owl." Avalon answered. 

"Ohh," Amelia nodded as if that made perfect sense, because sure, why wouldnt it?

"Thats a fancy..." she looked down at the emblem. An M pressed in the wax. She called out for Severus again and he peered in. 

"How are my two favorite girls?" Severus questioned. 

"Daddy you got mail!" Amelia declared.

"Ah, thank you, little love." Severus agreed he sat beside them and noticed Avalon's stare. "Malfoy." He confirmed. 

"What do you think he wants?" Avalon questioned. 

"Only one way to find out." Severus countered opening the letter. "It's an invitation."