7. Mad Man

Roshambo / Tormund out now!

"Remus is very nice. A good teacher too but poor harry. Harry potter. He had one of those demon things as his bogart." Avalon said as they walked "oh and neville that poor boy," avalon couldnt help but laugh thinking about it.

"What?" Severus questioned seeing the smile on her face. He loved her laugh.

"I dont think i should tell you now that im thinking it through." avalon admitted

"Avalon love-"

"You were his bogart!" Avalon declared unable to stop herself.

"Me ?" Severus countered. Her fingers linked with his as they walked.

"I know i thought it rediculous but the children really are not fond of you honey." avalon reminded him

"Im here to teach not be their friend". He reminded her

"Oh i know and you are a wonderful potions master" avalon said kissing his cheek

"So why were you laughing love?" Severus questioned

"Well remus suggested they make the bogart into something less scary. Little ron weasley he is scared of spider and i agree though are huge and terrifying completely so," avalon told him looping her arm through his as they walked to the great hall. "But he pictured it on roller skates and bam spider was slipping all over the place!"

"So what did longbottom turn me into?" Severus questioned

"You cant be mad at him because i dont think im supposed to tell you". Avalon remarked softly.

"I wont." severus assured

"You were wearing his grandmothers clothes. A dress and ugly hat and heels too it was a picture thats for sure." avalon told him and severus grit his teeth. "Oh honey i still love you and think you the most handsome grandm-"

"Avalon." severus groaned helping her up the steps to the high table.

"I love you severus". Avalon told him softly

"Hello ms Avalon," Hagrid remarked.

"Were you fired?" Avalon hadnt seen hagrid in a few days and she tried to busy herself exploring the rest of the castle.

"No, no, I just... got in a little trouble with Mr Malfoy." Hagrid offered. "You liked the hippogriff lesson right?"

"Once I had got over the first shock of seeing something that was half-horse, half-bird, I started to appreciate the Hippogriffs' gleaming coats, changing smoothly from feather to hair, each of them a different colour: stormy grey, bronze, a pinkish roan, gleaming chestnut and inky black..." avalon said fondly.

"It was irresponsible." Severus countered.

"Can I meet the hippogriff again? Maybe without the students." Avalon offered hopefully. Severus sighed.

"Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' hippogriffs is, they're proud. Easily offended, hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it might be the last thing yeh do." Hagrid reminded Avalon. "Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs' move. It's polite, see? Yeh walk towards him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed to touch him."

"Like Harry Potter." Avalon agreed.

"Like Harry. Yes. If he doesn' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt." Hagrid added.

"Like poor draco." Avalon agreed.

A Hippogriff was a magical beast that had the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It was very similar to another magical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear.

The breeding of fancy Hippogriffs was an established wizarding career, with known breeders including Newton Scamander's mother.

Hippogriffs had the bodies, hind legs, and tails of horses, but the front legs, wings, and heads of giant eagles, with cruel, steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly orange eyes. The talons on their front legs were half a foot long and deadly-looking. Avalon was excited and nervous to see what else they would get to learn about.

"Hagrid. Can you tell me ahead of time so I do my proper research on the creatures?" Avalon requested.

"Oh that syllabus you were hoping for. Sorry Ms Avalon." Hargid chuckled. Avalon didnt like that answer.

"Honeyduke's Sweetshop is brilliant, but nothing beats Zonko's Joke Shop. We never got to go to the Shrieking Shack. You heard it's the most-" ron declared excitedly.

"Haunted building in Britain." Harry agreed. "What's going on?" he questioned looking at the crowds around the Gryffindor door.

"Probably Neville forgot the password again." Ron offered annoyed.

"Hey." Neville objected.

"Oh, you're there."

"Let me through, please." Percy demanded. "Excuse me! I'm Head Boy! Get back, all of you. No one is to enter this dormitory until it's been searched."

"The Fat Lady! She's gone!"

"Serves her right. She was a terrible singer." Ron agreed.

"It's not funny, Ron." Hermione demanded.

"A break in?" Avalon questioned hesitantly as severus led her along the long halls. "Are the children alright?" One moment they were talking magical creatures over supper the next they were being summoned. Well severus was being summoned and he refused to leave avalon.

"Stay close. Probably nothing." Severus remarked.

"Then why are you so tense?" Avalon countered and severus tried to relax.

"I will keep you safe." Severus promised.

"Mr. Filch? Round up the ghosts." Albus requested. "Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady."

"There's no need for ghosts, professor." Harry corrected. "The Fat Lady's there." there was a collective gasp from the students.

"I didnt realize the picture people could move from their frames." Avalon whispered peering around severus.

"They tend to stay in their spots." Severus agreed. "But some of them have homes in other frames around the world."

"Weird. And awesome." Avalon assured. "Our pictures dont... watch us right?" She added skeptically.

"No my dear. Ours are just pictures. Nothing magical watching us sleep and make tea."

"Its more the sex I dont want picture people lurking around for," avalon murmured. Severus smiled into her.

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Albus questioned.

"Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name." She whimpered from another portrait. "It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

Avalon looked to severus pinched face. Sirus black. One of his old tormentors. Severus and albus were right to be worried. The mad man was here. In hogwarts. But she thought it was supposed to be safer that the children were supposed to be protected.