79. Villain

Cookie Monster / Vaera Targaryen out now!

Perfect order and formation the students all wearing their black robes as their new headmaster came front and center.

'Many of you are surely wondering why I summoned you at this hour.' Severus remarked walking among the great hall, Avalon peered in, she hated how a darkness flooded the castle. It was strange to think her first year here was because Severus thought she was in danger but that was nothing compared to the danger around them now.

 ''it has come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade.' he told them and whispers erupted. Avalon's eyes went wide. Harry was here? Near? God that boy was going to get hurt.  ''Now should anyone student or staff attempt to aid Mr. Potter they will be punished in a matter consistent with the severity of their transgressions. Furthermore any person found to have knowledge of these events or fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty.' Severus told them all, they remained deadly silent at that. Avalon knew that in case the dark lord and his followers were watching he had to put on a show, he didnt want harry dead. If found, she knew he would stick Harry in their chambers and Avalon could hide him away until the dark lord was killed. At least that was Avalon's plan.  ''now then...' he said as he slowly walked through them ''if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr. potters movements this evening I invite them to step forward.' No one moved 'Now.' he demanded he looked around the scared students no one moved but then Harry came up and everyone let out of gasp.

"Harry," Avalon whispered he grabbed her hand before moving forward, she couldnt believe it.

''Despite your extensive Security you seem to have a bit of a problem headmaster and it is quite extensive.'' Harry told him. Severus took a step back, that anger matched his own. Harry's hair had grown out longer, making him look more and more like a younger severus, he couldnt help but think.  ''how dare you stand where he stood.' Harry declared. 'Tell them how it happened that night tell them how he looked me in the eyes and he how he said he trusted you and you killed him!' Harry shouted and Severus pointed out his wand out defensively at harry, he hesitated when Minerva stepped forward. She shot at him, Avalon screamed, Severus didn't wanna hurt her, didnt want to hurt anyone, he deflected again and again and again, he locked eyes on Avalon, gave a single nod, before vanishing in a puff of smoke breaking through the window everyone cheered as Minerva lite the banquet hall. But their celebration was short-lived as the sky above them darkened in a scream rang out in the night it echoed. Harry turned the voices the students were screaming out in pain terrified. Clutching at their heads.

Avalon knew that voice.

''I know some of you want to fight and some of you think that you might win this but that is futile. Give me Harry Potter.' Voldemort's voice echoed in their heads, Avalon gripped her head, it was too loud, she wasnt meant to have her mind invaded like this.  'give me Harry Potter and I will leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded you have one hour.' Voldemort said and his voice vanished from their heads the fire reappeared the room brightening.

'What are you waiting for someone grab him!' Pansy shouted, the slytherins agreed, but Ginny stood in front of him protecting him his friends circles around him.

"Enough!" Avalon shouted stepping forward. "This monster that wants to rule the world wont stop once he gets harry, he will make you all bend. Don't you see that, you will become prisoners to him and his will!" Avalon demanded, their shouts silenced as they stared back at her. "Pansy, I know it seems easy to do what the bad man says-"

"Thats what your husband did." she agreed. 

"That's not what severus did. I followed Albus Dumbledore's orders, until the very end." Avalon corrected. She looked to Harry. "Including killing him, he knew he had to die for the prophecy to be fulfilled."

'Students are out of bed! Students are in the corridor!' Filtch said running in with Mrs. Norris in his hand.

''Students are supposed to be out to bed.' Minerva informed him.

"Listen to me." Avalon begged. "I know I'm just a muggle but I have been in your world these past few years and we need to work together, not fight. Not fight each other... We need to stick together." She begged. "What do you say?" 

"Alright." Pansy agreed. "We fight back... back when this fails I'm blaming you." 

"Deal." Avalon agreed. 

"And when we win?" Hermione countered. "You can thank Avalon." 

"No." Avalon corrected. "You can thank your own bravery." Avalon looked to Harry. ''what do you need Harry?'

''I just need time' he told her hugging her tight.

''Do what you have to do I will secure the castle... And harry it is good to see you.' Minerva told him.

'It's good to see you too Professor.' Harry replied looking back at Minerva. Avalon grabbed Harry's hand pulling him along. 

"Severus and I found the Rowena Ravenclaws Diadem."

"What?" Harry countered. 

"I spoke with her and I found it, we destroyed it."

"You and Professor Snape?"

"Yes. Harry you have to believe me he isnt the villain." Avalon declared. "He wanted voldemort gone too!" 

"Then we have one less piece of Voldemort to destroy... thank you. That was really brave of you, Ms. Avalon."

"I just looked through piles of junk for hours, I'm sure you have been through the ringer these past few months, I have been so worried about you, Harry." Avalon remarked holding him close. "I'm so glad you are here."